914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
Lufthansa 914-6 GT for sale at Canepa - anyone interested? biggrin.gif
Guesses as to asking price?
http://www.canepa.com/inventory/racecar/Po...20GT/index.html
ConeDodger
1/4 million $
LarryR
Since they dont list the price it must not be for the faint of heart beerchug.gif

I am going to guess 320K 4000 hours at 80 bucks an hour ... Oh lets add in something for the car before restored ... 500K biggrin.gif
type47
interesting. it's also listed in their sold vehicles section.

nice documentation of a real GT.
carreraguy
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 12 2008, 07:11 PM) *

interesting. it's also listed in their sold vehicles section.

nice documentation of a real GT.

Thats odd - they just sent me the email alert today WTF.gif
I guess I should be honored that they think I have enuf $$ to be a player!
hydroliftin
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 12 2008, 07:42 PM) *

I never knew of Canepa Design. They have a small race car museum as well as sales area. Seems like it would make a nice field trip for the 914 faithful in the Bay Area. We could meet up at the popular Original Pancake House at 1366 S De Anza Blvd, San Jose, CA and then visit Canepa via Hwy 9. Anyone interested if we can set it up?
LarryR
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Jul 12 2008, 09:00 PM) *

QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 12 2008, 07:42 PM) *

I never knew of Canepa Design. They have a small race car museum as well as sales area. Seems like it would make a nice field trip for the 914 faithful in the Bay Area. We could meet up at the popular Original Pancake House at 1366 S De Anza Blvd, San Jose, CA and then visit Canepa via Hwy 9. Anyone interested if we can set it up?

Sounds like an interesting trip to me.
T H O M A S
sorry guys ,but 9140431415 is not a real GT,still nice smile.gif
Dave_Darling
The local PCA did a tour of Canepa's place last year. Very very very nice. More than a "small" museum; more than a "small" workshop--plus a sizeable "shed" out back for storage...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58802017@N00/...57600110439815/

--DD
Gustl
QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Jul 13 2008, 06:52 AM) *

it's not a "factory built" GT, but I would still consider it a real GT

it's the same thing as with the well known "Strähle GT" and the famous "Max Moritz GTs" (like the cars now owned by Steve Limbert [ex Ralph Meaney] and Claus Mueller [ex Jägermeister])

bye1.gif Gustl
carr914
Canepa previously sold the car and must have been recommisioned to do it again. I check out the site frequently just to drool and Thursday the 914-6 wasn't on there. Must have just got it back. They never post prices on cars.

T.C.

roadster fan
I am in if you put it together, either day you mentioned is fine with me. Sounds like fun.

Jim
Jeffs9146
I remember when Canepa was a small little exotic shop! They worked on my 6 back in the early 80's!

Wow, they have grown!!
db9146
I'm sure like most of us, I have quite a collection of photos of different 914 elements that are researched when considering a project.

Anyone know how to save any of the pics from the Canepa site Canepa site of the Lufthansa 914-6GT? I have Adobe 10 and it won't let you "save target as".

Thanks,

Dee
Drums66
Forgerys(I mean reproductions) can't command
the big ducketts popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Aug 5 2009, 01:24 PM) *

I disagree. A lot of GTs were made from parts kits sold by the factory, and many of those have substantial racing history. A good number had varying degrees of factory support. They're no less GTs than the ones that were assembled by the factory, IMO

The Cap'n
jcd914
I have to agree that GTs from kits have to count as Real GTs. The GT was homologated for racing based, in part, on the number of kits sold since the factory did not build the 400 required for homologation.

As for viewing the pictures off-line, after you have viewed all of them on-line there will be copies of the images in your browsers temp directory.

Jim
carr914
It's a GT in my book, with Race History. I think they want $450k.

T.C.
r_towle
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 5 2009, 08:05 PM) *

It's a GT in my book, with Race History. I think they want $450k.

T.C.

I walked away from that car at 25k about 10 years ago before I knew anything about 914's...at that time it was to rusty for me...

It was an empty shell for 25k covered in surface rust.

Rich
carr914
Well I walked away from a 916, I've walked away from a Real Cheetah, a Shelby Mustang - Oh Well, my loss, somebody else's gain. I just hope my 914-6s are worth something someday.

T.C.
carreraguy
It's now listed at $325,000 at Canepa.
Canepa is going to have quite a few Porsches at Historics since that's the featured marque - - including the #2 917 Pedro Rodriguez drove at Spa!
REALLY looking forward to next week's fun - it will be a "Rennsport 3.5" for sure

http://www.canepa.com/inventory/racecar_1/...6_GT/index.html
PeeGreen 914
If only I had money and a huge garage wub.gif
Cupomeat
Yeah, just wish for money. The garage problem is NO problem with the money.

Some really lovely cars on that site.

drooley.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Jul 12 2008, 10:52 PM) *

Most of the Porsche people in the know.....that I know!
Agree with *THOMAS* and I agree with them and him
also....... shades.gif popcorn[1].gif maybe I should sell my
reproduction renoir......used the same type paint and canvas!!
lol-2.gif
ChicagoPete
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Aug 5 2009, 03:24 PM) *

Sure they do, have you tried buying an accurate(I mean really accurate) reproduction lately? Let alone one built back in the day with racing provenance??

I will guarantee that if Armando's car was finished and up for sale it would get AT LEAST $150K.

I personally know the guy that owned and restored the car before Canepa had it. I know what he got back in early '05 and it was pretty serious money back then.

Vintage Motorsport magazine did a 7 page spread on this car in the Jan/Feb '05 issue. I have it here but, have no way to scan it. Really a great article.

Peter
lotus_65
come on, that's a beautiful car real or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.