Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New England Social-aka Tangerine Racing Open House
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ChrisFoley
party.gif
I only saw about twenty 914s in pictures from the WCR.
I'm sure we can equal or do better than that here.
I count 9 states within a 3 hour drive from CFR.

This is a one day event on August 9th.
No entry fee! beer3.gif Food and drink provided by your host. chowtime.gif Door prizes!
Get your invitation here, and in the Northeast Get-togethers Forum.[/url]
Ideas for a short cruise are also being considered as part of the event.
I can help with hotel choices if anyone is interested in coming from too far away for a one day round trip.
6freak
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 14 2008, 04:46 PM) *

party.gif

No entry fee! beer3.gif Food and drink provided by your host. chowtime.gif Door prizes!
I can help with hotel choices if anyone is interested in coming from too far away for a one day round trip.

Northwesterners like a challange.so do what you can to beat the ( more then 20 on the mountain drive)?? I could be wrong.....Anywho do what you can and we will beat it next year in Cali......YOUR ON biggrin.gif
pin31
Chris,
Sounds good.....

Hope to make it.

Tim
turboman808
yeah I should be able to make it. Really want to see how the 914 is looking.
Ian Stott
Hmmm if my new 73 is ready and the wife is up for it....... Gotta get a set of stainless steel fuel lines from you anyway.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
jtf914
I've been looking for an excuse to visit your shop, and I haven't met any 914 owners since moving to CT.

-Justin
greenie
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 14 2008, 02:46 PM) *

party.gif

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your contribution to the WCR08 silent auction, generated some good $$ !

We had about 40 different cars over the course of the event!

Some were there for the ferry trip only,some for the Rainier drive, some just for dinner or beer.

So your target number is 40 . stirthepot.gif

Good luck with your event & thanks again!
rmital
..any Northeastern Jersey 914er's could meet near me for breakfast on the way up. I live near the ThruWay/Tappan Zee Bridge....

if you heading up the NJ Parkway, I'm just a 2 mile detour.

It might just be easier having the lot at my place for breakfast chowtime.gif Then it's about a 2 hour drive
scottb
i'm in.....

see everyone there!

scott
Cevan
I'm laying the groundwork to get out of a prior engagement. If all goes as planned, I'll be there.

By the way, do the cars already at Chris' shop count?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Cevan @ Jul 16 2008, 06:51 PM) *

By the way, do the cars already at Chris' shop count?

I guess, to be fair, they should only count if the owner is here, or if they are driveable. biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 16 2008, 03:12 PM) *

40 cars over 3 days is an average of less than 14 cars per day.
My one day event will beat that. happy11.gif

And we'll get more cars in one picture than you did.
I know one person who is attending both events. I'll let him be the judge. smilie_pokal.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 15 2008, 10:57 PM) *

...Gotta get a set of stainless steel fuel lines from you anyway.

Good way to save on import fees.
greenie
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 16 2008, 02:07 PM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 16 2008, 03:12 PM) *

40 cars over 3 days is an average of less than 14 cars per day.
My one day event will beat that. happy11.gif

And we'll get more cars in one picture than you did.
I know one person who is attending both events. I'll let him be the judge. smilie_pokal.gif

Careful there, this might turn into some kinda EastCoast/Westcoast slapdown, you remember what happened with Tupac.. ar15.gif

Let's see.... I loaned Ed my car for the weekend, you sign the checks...impartial judge? bs.gif

Have fun! smile.gif

PS make sure to get some good pictures for us, something like this maybe??
spunone
Someday I hope to make it to your place just to vist anyways beer.gif
jonferns
I wish my dad and I could attend, but we are going on vacation at the beginning of August. Maybe the next time around.
i love porsche
hey ray, i have to check my schedule, but if im not camping that weekend, maybe i could ride with you and we could split the gas
Leo Imperial
I have been working on taking disassembling a 71' I picked up, rather than finishing putting my engine together on the driver. The challenge makes me want to flatbed both up just to represent or at least just get the one driving. It's a stretch, but I'll try.

BTW - the last AX I did with my car was at Hershey last year after you did my alignment. The only other adjustment I did was to adjust the front bar stiffer. Got first in class for the first time ever... Gotta give you props because the car felt great. beerchug.gif
rmital
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jul 16 2008, 09:21 PM) *

hey ray, i have to check my schedule, but if im not camping that weekend, maybe i could ride with you and we could split the gas

sounds good to me.... driving.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 17 2008, 06:27 AM) *

Maybe I can ride in the trunk

I can meet up with you guys in the morning but driving a non 914 sad.gif
rmital
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 17 2008, 06:27 AM) *

Maybe I can ride in the trunk

I can meet up with you guys in the morning but driving a non 914 sad.gif

...if you could get me some rebuilt rear calipers by then, you could drive my '74 2.0L....but you probably could fit in the truck. Hopefully nice weather; we could leave the targa top home.

definitely my place for pre-trip grub. Scare the neighbors a little, it's been a while...
i love porsche
ill let you know a yea or nay asap
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 16 2008, 07:19 PM) *

PS make sure to get some good pictures for us, something like this maybe??

icon8.gif Uh-oh! That could be a problem. No scenic vistas in my local area.
We'll think of something. idea.gif :coughphotoshopcough:
firstknight13
wickham park.....center springs park....lowes parking lot to name a few. biggrin.gif
mskala
Would like to come by, but too busy and family would like to see me once in a while.

Although I made it to your party like 2 years ago, so you could photoshop my car in smile.gif
ArtechnikA
I thought about this one for a long time and while I'd love to come up, it's at least 4 hrs each way and we're still catching up from the 3000 mi trip to MN and back. I'll get up there some day but this won't be the day.

( I still love the irony of a welder in Bolt-on CT ... )
turboman808
OH in case some of you Jersey guys want to come there is a bikini car wash on August 10th at Gotham Dream car. Car needs to be cleaned may as well be some half naked strippers cleaning it.

Also gives me an excuse to slip a 914 into Super Speeders 5 smile.gif

Unless you don't mind getting pulled over I would suggest skipping the morning drive. I'll be riding shotgun and filming since I cannot afford any more tickets for another year. mad.gif

http://www.gothamdreamcars.com/ next to teterboro airpot

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ByvmtK7RsI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cv5uHMjYDuM
justme
For once I'm not out of town on business!
This year I have allready had to miss 3 PCA AX's & ALMS at Lime Rock mad.gif
Looking forward to seeing the shop & a bunch of teener's!

Phil beer3.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(firstknight13 @ Jul 18 2008, 12:51 AM) *

wickham park.....center springs park....lowes parking lot to name a few. biggrin.gif

I think Wickham Park is the best choice - not far from the shop and a very nice place for a photo shoot. Ray, can you look into it for us?
Sparky
**COUGH**MANCHESTER-HOOTERS**COUGH**
rmital
...just a couple weeks away... icon_bump.gif
ChrisFoley
a icon_bump.gif for the new week.
r_towle
It looks like this might work for me.
My youngest son is taking a road rage course in Worcester...
His thing is from 9-12, so I will shoot down for an hour or so after I drop him off.

Rich
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 28 2008, 11:14 AM) *

It looks like this might work for me.
My youngest son is taking a road rage course in Worcester...
His thing is from 9-12, so I will shoot down for an hour or so after I drop him off.

Rich

Does that mean you are coming to help set up Rich? cheer.gif We're planning on opening the doors around noon. Maybe you should bring your son with you after his class.

I just had a RSVP from someone (T4 KG owner) in Maryland who is planning to be here. He's about the farthest from here of anyone I sent an email invitation to. driving.gif
scottb
icon_bump.gif

to the top of the page with you!!!!

firstknight13
chris wickham park is 4.00 per car lots of places to park.....also if there arent many cars i have a big ladder we can pic off of your roof......center springs park is also open and in town.......BE THERE OR BE SQUARE !!!!!
rmital
...hey...this officially starts around noon. What time is anyone planning on showing? I got a few hour ride to get there, just want to know how early to head out.

and a casual bump.... icon_bump.gif
turboman808
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=...2.49939&z=9

Just to save anyone from a headache don't take 95 there from NJ. 684-84 is way faster. Ask me how I know sad.gif

Ray I can meet you at your place just PM me the address. I'll follow you since I can't afford any more tickets. driving.gif
rmital
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Aug 6 2008, 04:19 PM) *

I'll follow you since I can't afford any more tickets. driving.gif

I actually got a PBA card for the occasion....the electrician that worked on my house is a local cop.
i love porsche
i dont think ill be able to make it, take pictures for me
rmital
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Aug 6 2008, 05:02 PM) *

i dont think ill be able to make it, take pictures for me

...I'm sure there will be plenty documentation of the day.
jdogg
Dammit Chris! I was just there last weekend!!!! Home in NC now....I'll have to try to catch you at Christmas (still haven't seen the new shop).

I hope you have a great turn out!
fitsbain
I heard you were having an event when I ran into a guy (RMJART) with a red all steal chalon like car on the highway. Said he had just been to your place. I was on a return trip to pa from BAngor maine, by way of mystic ct.

Anyway, wish I could be there but it wasn't meant to be.
ejm
weather looks good piratenanner.gif

Cevan
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
beerchug.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif
rmital
wow....weather looks perfect for the trek up to Connecticut. Hopefully Chris will have enough room up there for all the teeners showing up!
turboman808
QUOTE(rmital @ Aug 8 2008, 07:49 AM) *

wow....weather looks perfect for the trek up to Connecticut. Hopefully Chris will have enough room up there for all the teeners showing up!

Dam rain moved to Sunday. I was supposed to film half naked girls all day.

Ray I check my phone and got your message. I drove my car up to Chris 2 months ago and took 95. Turned into a 5 hour drive. Take 684 to 84 it about the same distance but avoids all the traffic. I got my GPS with me so we won't get lost.

Only questions now are...

What time am I meeting at your place?
Are we driving the whole way tops down?
jtf914
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Aug 8 2008, 02:02 PM) *

I drove my car up to Chris 2 months ago and took 95. Turned into a 5 hour drive. Take 684 to 84 it about the same distance but avoids all the traffic. I got my GPS with me so we won't get lost.

Yeah, I used to drive DC to CT pretty regularly and always took:
NJ Turnpike to the GW bridge, to the Henry Hudson Pkwy (9A), to the Saw Mill, then 684 to 84.

I took the GW bridge to 95 once, and the traffic added atleast 90min to our drive.

-Justin
rmital
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Aug 8 2008, 02:02 PM) *

What time am I meeting at your place?
Are we driving the whole way tops down?

I'd say lets meet around 9:00am, we could have breakfast...hopefully not to early for you? should get us there a little before noon, but what the heck. We hopefully shouldn't see much traffic.....
....and I haven't put the top on it in 4 months (garaged)...not going to start now.

and we should definitely take the Saw Mill, then 684 to 84
turboman808
QUOTE(rmital @ Aug 8 2008, 10:35 AM) *

I'd say lets meet around 9:00am, we could have breakfast...hopefully not to early for you? should get us there a little before noon, but what the heck. We hopefully shouldn't see much traffic.....
....and I haven't put the top on it in 4 months (garaged)...not going to start now.

and we should definitely take the Saw Mill, then 684 to 84

Alright man I got the digital camera, video camera, gps and a southern rock mix cd so we are ready to go! See ya at 9 - think my girlfriend is coming along.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.