Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal indicator wiring help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jt914-6
I've got a '74 (made 10/73) 914 and I need someone to tell me what wires/colors go to the turn signal indicator lights in the tach. I'm using a six cyl. tach, and I have two type of indicator light sockets to use. I've looked at a '73 & '75's wiring and neither one seems to be like my '74. Does anyone know the correct colored wires to us on a '74? Thanks in advance.............JT
jt914-6
Come on 914 owners, there must be plenty of '74 owners with a digital camera or someone who can pull out their tach enough to check the color and number or wires on the turn signal indicators................Waiting for some help teeners............
lotus_65
this is all i gots
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
computers4kids
My 75 turn indicators wire is white with a blue stripe...only one wire. The 74's have two for two indicators. This link may help you.
lotus_65
it looks like mine is blue, with a white stripe, but that wouldn't be consistant with Mark.

Click to view attachment
i can't look into it just now though...
jt914-6
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jul 21 2008, 10:33 PM) *

My 75 turn indicators wire is white with a blue stripe...only one wire. The 74's have two for two indicators. This link may help you.

Thanks, I have seen that link, but haven't had time to research it. My car has a blue W/white stripe for one of the indicators, but what wire goes to the other indicator?
Dave_Darling
The 74 only had one turn signal indicator in the tach, just like the 75s and 76es. A few of the early-early 74 had 73 tachs, with two indicator lights in the tach. But they were wired up to the single existing signal wire, so both would flash at the same time.

--DD
jt914-6
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 22 2008, 12:05 AM) *

The 74 only had one turn signal indicator in the tach, just like the 75s and 76es. A few of the early-early 74 had 73 tachs, with two indicator lights in the tach. But they were wired up to the single existing signal wire, so both would flash at the same time.

--DD

The wire I guess is the Blue/white stripe for the single indicator then.
The four way lights & flasher work, but the turn signal switch doesn't make the front & rear lights work nor does the light in the tach. Any idea what that problem is?
computers4kids
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 21 2008, 10:05 PM) *

--DD

agree.gif
Perhaps your relay is defective (square one in fuse panel)? Are the correct bulbs in the turn signals...I've seen people accidentaly mix up the single pole and double pole bulbs with bizzare results.
jt914-6
I thought that the flasher relay worked the emergency lights and the turn signal lights. My emergency four way lights work and the relay clicks. The left and right front and rear lights come and stay on with key off when the turn signal lever is in the left or right position. I know that they are supposed to do this. My problem is that the turn signal lights front and rear do not work when the key is on and the lever is in the left or right postion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.