Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tour Canepa Design in Scotts Valley this Saturday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hydroliftin
Anyone interested, please respond here......

I contacted Llew at Canepa after learning of the Lufthansa 914-6 GT they have for sale and of their fabulous race car museum Click Here.

We will join a group of Porsche 912 owners and touring Canepa's facility this coming Saturday July 19 at 10:00 AM. The 912 group plans to motor on to Santa Cruz afterward for lunch.

Canepa Design is located at:
4900 Scotts Valley Drive. Scotts Valley, CA. 95066

This is a great oportunity for anyone who is interested in checking out a 914-6 GT as they were assembled in 1970. It has been pointed out that this was not a factory car, but it was construccted to specification at the time. There are other things to see there as well. Ceck out their web site here: Canepa Web Site
roadster fan
I am in if you can put it together. Sounds like fun. I also posted on the other link about the Luftansa GT.

Jim
jesiv
Sounds like a blast. Count me in.

James
hydroliftin
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Jul 14 2008, 06:55 PM) *

Anyone interested, please respond here......

this coming Saturday July 19 at 10:00 AM.

Canepa Design is located at:
4900 Scotts Valley Drive. Scotts Valley, CA. 95066

Hey, even if we end up with only three 914 owners, I'm up for it. Anyone else out there want to join us?
roadster fan
anyone else? icon_bump.gif
boxstr
Would someone see if they have a price list. There website has no pricing.
Thank you
Craig C. Laughlin
carreraguy
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 16 2008, 10:21 PM) *

Would someone see if they have a price list. There website has no pricing.
Thank you
Craig C. Laughlin

I've learned over the years that Bruce Canepa does not post asking prices anywhere. Recommend you contact him directly and I'm sure he'd discuss the prices with you. Got a few hundred thou available? biggrin.gif

I've been to his facility (both the old one in Santa Cruz and the new racing museum) a few times and I'd love to go again but my Teener is still in the shop. sad.gif I still remember seeing all those 959's he was "Federalizing"; drool city!
Later,
grantsfo
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 17 2008, 02:11 AM) *

sad.gif I still remember seeing all those 959's he was "Federalizing"; drool city!
Later,

I pass 959's that his shop is working on all the time. They are always on HWY 17 and HWY 1 by my place. I'll never forget the first one I saw. I thought that looks strange? Wow its a 959! Now its oh there is another 959.

My wife's office is just across the street from his shop and I still havent made it in. Need to do that one of these days. Cant make it this Saturday as I'm helping out Trekkor at his AX school at Infineon.
hydroliftin
Well I spoke with Llew again, and it's a go for this Saturday at 10:00 AM. He spoke with the 912 owners too, and they are cool with us crashing their party. Anyone else want to show?
roadster fan
Yes! no one else?

icon_bump.gif
carr914
I'd Love to join you, but it's a long, long drive biggrin.gif

T.C.
carreraguy
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 18 2008, 05:25 AM) *

Yes! no one else?

icon_bump.gif

I haven't been for a year or so, I may be able to make it even without a Porsche.
Later,
hydroliftin
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 18 2008, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 18 2008, 05:25 AM) *

Yes! no one else?

icon_bump.gif

I haven't been for a year or so, I may be able to make it even without a Porsche.
Later,

Well you are welcome to come Porsche or no Porsche. The 914-6 GT should be reason enough to make the trip.
smj
Oooh! I may have to change my plans and come along for this. Are we just showing up at Canepa's, or meeting up somewhere beforehand?

I'll have to bring the 914-4. I'm trying to spend some quality time with it as I'm going to have to sell it soon.

EDIT: Well, World went down after this post, no idea where folks were meeting. And I wound up taking too long getting ready to reach Canepa less than 20 minutes late, so... Maybe next time.
roadster fan
Just got back, and the asking price on the 914GT is..............$425,000.

The camera crapped out so hopefully others will post pics.

Gorgeous place, amazing cars: 962's yes that is plural, 935's yes also plural, 917/10, hotrods, 911 rally, 911 endurance, 959's (I think 5), ferrari's, mercedes', bugatti's. Lots of nice rides.

Got to tour the whole shebang, even the shop area. If you havent been, you must go.

Jim
carreraguy
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 19 2008, 02:23 PM) *

Just got back, and the asking price on the 914GT is..............$425,000.

The camera crapped out so hopefully others will post pics.

Gorgeous place, amazing cars: 962's yes that is plural, 935's yes also plural, 917/10, hotrods, 911 rally, 911 endurance, 959's (I think 5), ferrari's, mercedes', bugatti's. Lots of nice rides.

Got to tour the whole shebang, even the shop area. If you havent been, you must go.

Jim

agree.gif
Great time! We were given a guided 2 1/2 hour tour of all the facilities and the guide gave a short presentation on EACH of the cars on the second floor museum. Collectible cars for sale were on the first floor (i.e. the 914/6 GT. LOTS of interesting facts and anecdotes you don't hear anywhere else. Just being that close to multi-million dollar cars (i.e. original AC Cobra = $5Mill), classic stock cars and other very historic race cars was sufficient for sure - all the rest was fantastic icing on the cake! Highly recommend you all make a trip out there! Best if you can go along with a guided tour; we were lucky enuf to be able to tag along with the 912 folks; thanks to Peter for setting this up!
Later,
hydroliftin
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 19 2008, 03:26 PM) *

Jim

agree.gif
Great time! We were given a guided 2 1/2 hour tour of all the facilities ... we were lucky enuf to be able to tag along with the 912 folks; thanks to Peter for setting this up!
Later,

Tom & Jim,

It was great meeting you guys. The 912 guys want to make this an annual event and are happy to include the 914 crowd as well. Llew from Canepa also promised to keep us in the loop when it happens. I have some photos and will try to put them up here. I've been fighting a cold recently and just don't have much energy.
carreraguy
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Jul 20 2008, 08:04 PM) *

QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 19 2008, 03:26 PM) *

Jim

agree.gif
Great time! We were given a guided 2 1/2 hour tour of all the facilities ... we were lucky enuf to be able to tag along with the 912 folks; thanks to Peter for setting this up!
Later,

Tom & Jim,

It was great meeting you guys. The 912 guys want to make this an annual event and are happy to include the 914 crowd as well. Llew from Canepa also promised to keep us in the loop when it happens. I have some photos and will try to put them up here. I've been fighting a cold recently and just don't have much energy.

Count me in - maybe next year I'll have 914AROO back!
Later,
gopack
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
I don't understand why it took so long for some one to say it!?
carreraguy
QUOTE(gopack @ Jul 21 2008, 10:46 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
I don't understand why it took so long for some one to say it!?

I guess Peter is still down with a cold.
Here's a few pics from my last visit in 2005 - Canepa still has most of these cars...he has a tendency to hang on to them until he gets his price. The 914/6 GT was sold after this shot and is now back in the showroom but now for $425,000. The cool part about the museum and sales floor is that you can actually get close enough to grab the steering wheel and feel the vibes.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.