Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Memphis Tn. PCA Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
GTPatrick
My son and I got to the autocross lat Sunday morning and they , PCA , were going through the last runs of the day . There were about 12 cars there of which 2 were 914's .

A green bumblee one owned by Hot_Shoe914 and a silver one , I believe a '73 one owned by a Ken P . On the last one HS had an off course 360 but recovered nicely to the delight of all and Ken nicely recovered from a bobble and knocked down a few cones too. beer.gif

The event was held at the Memphis Motorsports Park parially on the dragstrip parking area and part of the road track itself . Go Teeners ! ! ! ! piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif

P.S. I do not know what their times were but maybe they can chime in here and let us know . type.gif
HS_914 was very competetive with the tail draggers on the long course. aktion035.gif I think about 1:37ish.

My 1.8 tucked in a 72 body could only muster a 141ish. huh.gif
We got 5 runs on a great setup that did put us thru the 'M' part of the road course.

This is my second AX....I need more seat time... smoke.gif

JKP
hot_shoe914
Yes it was certainly a great course for my car. I had a lot of fun. Kind of went head to head with a 911 with a 2.7RSR spec engine and took him down every run with exception of the afore mentioned run through the grass. That run was a lot of fun and even after a few donuts in the grass I still pulled in a 2:02. Thinking quickly I hurried back for my last run while my tires were still hot and sticky and managed to run a 1:37.2. I took down all the Boxsters and most of the tail draggers with exception of a Carrera S, a really nice Turbo and a dang Corvette with some really nice, wide Hoosier slicks.

Never the less I had a blast and look forward to next months autocross. The track was in my favor and I was able to seek revenge over the other teener from last month when we had a really tight course and he edged me out with suspension and tires. That and a little wild driving from me on my last three runs. After all, it is about having fun whether I win or not. Would be really nice if there were some more teeners in the area.

I will try to post some video at a later date when I get it downloaded.

Donald aka hot_shoe914 aktion035.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 15 2008, 08:30 PM) *

Yes it was certainly a great course for my car. I had a lot of fun. Kind of went head to head with a 911 with a 2.7RSR spec engine and took him down every run with exception of the afore mentioned run through the grass. That run was a lot of fun and even after a few donuts in the grass I still pulled in a 2:02. Thinking quickly I hurried back for my last run while my tires were still hot and sticky and managed to run a 1:37.2. I took down all the Boxsters and most of the tail draggers with exception of a Carrera S, a really nice Turbo and a dang Corvette with some really nice, wide Hoosier slicks.

Never the less I had a blast and look forward to next months autocross. The track was in my favor and I was able to seek revenge over the other teener from last month when we had a really tight course and he edged me out with suspension and tires. That and a little wild driving from me on my last three runs. After all, it is about having fun whether I win or not. Would be really nice if there were some more teeners in the area.

Video coming soon!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 25 2008, 11:28 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 15 2008, 08:30 PM) *

Video coming soon!

New autocross in Memphos in 91/2 hours! Look out tail draggers, I tuned up the teener and found a little more power!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.