JeffBowlsby
And the last one from 1971 manual:
ruddyboys
Thanks Jeff, That should help a lot of folks out aktion035.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 15 2008, 06:12 AM) *

Thanks for sharing Jeff.

I don't recall seeing the turn signals like this one.
Demick
Hi Jeff
I've never noticed that page with the stale air extraction in the manual. I've always wondered how that air vent in the door jam was supposed to work (appeared to go nowhere), but now I understand that air comes forward through that vent and out the door handle recess.

Learn something new every day!

Mark: that picture showing the turn signal lens was from a prototype car. Prototypes had that shape of turn signal lens. It was changed for production.

Demick
FourBlades

I am waiting with baited breath for Porsche to supply the hydraulically
activated clutch they promised. smile.gif

John
Borderline
0 - 60 in 13 seconds!!!!!!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 15 2008, 06:12 AM) *

IPB Image

That's the prototype car, 914-114 ...

I recognize the turn signal lense, the headlight motor and the crappy black overspray paint inside the trunk ...
shades.gif Andy
SirAndy
another prototype feature ...

SirAndy
really now?

sean_v8_914
dont forget that quart of oil ever 600-1000 miles
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jul 15 2008, 11:48 AM) *

dont forget that quart of oil ever 600-1000 miles

I'm sure they knew the cars would leak! happy11.gif

So those were the prototype turn signals. Are there any better pictures around?
JeffBowlsby
Here are a few from the 72 manual...not as interesting as the 71, but wait 'til you see the 73 manual clips... rolleyes.gif

Demick
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 15 2008, 12:12 PM) *

I read that too, but in reality, it is held open by a rod (or pair of rods). They are torsion rods (or bars). So the statement is not entirely incorrect.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Demick @ Jul 15 2008, 12:54 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 15 2008, 12:12 PM) *

I read that too, but in reality, it is held open by a rod (or pair of rods). They are torsion rods (or bars). So the statement is not entirely incorrect.

sure, but looking at those very early pictures, i'm pretty sure when that article was written, they had access to the early prototype cars.

those *did* use a single rod and had no torsion springs for the trunk lid ...
shades.gif Andy

914Sixer
Jeff,
I have the 70,71,73,74, 74 1.8,75 dealer service manuals. I have never seen the 72 or 76 manual. I noticed the stuff you mentioned but had never got around to posting them. As for the hydraulic clutch I wonder if they were planing to use the one from Type 4 cars.
JeffBowlsby
Here are a fwew from the 1973 S&T manual - note its a factory-issued publication...the '914S' designation was not some marketing scheme, the factory promoted it. There are aother great things in these maunals never published in the factory repair manual like the 2.0L vacuum hose routing.. biggrin.gif

JeffBowlsby
Mo...
zymurgist
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 15 2008, 03:13 PM) *

really now?

That looks intriguing. I have to wonder what other goodies never saw the light of day due to the 914's abbreviated production run.
scotty b
This needs to be a classic thread beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.