Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few things i learned during my trip to the WCR ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
A few things i learned during my trip to the WCR 2008 in Seattle:

- If you're driving the scenic route, Minivans are far worser than RV's !!! headbang.gif
At least most of the RV drivers have the courtesy to use the pullouts or stay in the right lane when there is a passing section.
The soccer moms in their minivans on the other hand don't even seem to realize that they're driving on a road or that there's other people sharing that same road with them. ar15.gif

- There are more Minivans in the costal areas of Washington, Oregon and California than anywhere else in the world ... huh.gif

- Driving the scenic route makes your GF happy! cheer.gif

- Driving the scenic route adds 3 hours to a 8 hour trip. blink.gif

- The pacific ocean at the oregon coast is FUCKING COLD, even on a hot summer day ... rolleyes.gif (add a shrinkage smilie here ...)

- Gobs of power in your car really helps passing those damn Minivans! driving.gif

- Your GF riding shotgun makes for a good camera stand! thumb3d.gif

- When traveling to a car event and staying at a "romantic getaway at the beach" overnight, that term means something very different to your GF than it does to you. sheeplove.gif
(i'll be posting video evidence soon popcorn[1].gif )

- Bricks are heavy ... dry.gif

- You know you're getting old when the snott nosed punk kid at the restaurant calls you "Sir" while you're sporting army boots, camo shorts, a "Conflict" shirt and a mohawk ... sad.gif

- Ralph Meaney had a mohawk in 1947! smilie_pokal.gif

- Jelly Beans are not packaged water proof ... sad.gif

- Ear plugs are a gift from god! (or in my case, Elliot pray.gif )

- Ferrari's are slower than they look! driving.gif

bye1.gif Andy

roadster fan
Wisdom....all things to remember for next year. WCR 2009.......yoohoo SoCal peeps where are you???????? shades.gif

Jim
6freak
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 15 2008, 11:55 AM) *

A few things i learned during my trip to the WCR 2008 in Seattle:

- If you're driving the scenic route, Minivans are far worser than RV's !!! headbang.gif
At least most of the RV drivers have the courtesy to use the pullouts or stay in the right lane when there is a passing section.
The soccer moms in their minivans on the other hand don't even seem to realize that they're driving on a road or that there's other people sharing that same road with them. ar15.gif

- There are more Minivans in the costal areas of Washington, Oregon and California than anywhere else in the world ... huh.gif

- Driving the scenic route makes your GF happy! cheer.gif

- Driving the scenic route adds 3 hours to a 8 hour trip. blink.gif

- The pacific ocean at the oregon coast is FUCKING COLD, even on a hot summer day ... rolleyes.gif (add a shrinkage smilie here ...)

- Gobs of power in your car really helps passing those damn Minivans! driving.gif

- Your GF riding shotgun makes for a good camera stand! thumb3d.gif

- When traveling to a car event and staying at a "romantic getaway at the beach" overnight, that term means something very different to your GF than it does to you. sheeplove.gif

- Bricks are heavy ... dry.gif

- You know you're getting old when the snott nosed punk kid at the restaurant calls you "Sir" while you're sporting army boots, camo shorts, a "Conflict" shirt and a mohawk ... sad.gif

- Ralph Meaney had a mohawk in 1947! smilie_pokal.gif

- Jelly Beans are not packaged water proof ... sad.gif

- Ear plugs are a gift from god! (or in my case, Elliot pray.gif )

- Ferrari's are slower than they look! driving.gif

bye1.gif Andy

well put Andy I concur with the hole thing ....sure was nice to meet you and the GF
davesclassicvws
Two possibilities on the "Sir" thing at the restaurant. First is your screen name, "Sir Andy" or second you look damn intimatating with the Mohawk, Camo and Army boots.

Truth is I tought my son to respect his elders, no matter their "Style". smile.gif
retrofit
Andy
How did your butt(s) hold up with all the enforced seat time. Stock seats?
Allen
toon1
are you telling us you raced a Ferrari?
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jul 15 2008, 01:32 PM) *

are you telling us you raced a Ferrari?

He has photo evidence in another thread...
Root_Werks
Andy, you and your GF set the bar pretty high for traveling to a WCR event. I think Michelle and I are up to a challenge of a Cal drive next year.

driving.gif

Even Elliot and I know others drive long distances. Sort of like "No excuse" anymore. I like it!
SirAndy
QUOTE(retrofit @ Jul 15 2008, 01:05 PM) *

How did your butt(s) hold up with all the enforced seat time. Stock seats?

stock seats .... we bought little pillows before we left, that made it bearable.

what i could really have used was a cruise control. biggrin.gif

especially on the stretch of I5 on our way up between eugene and tacoma, when you're going the exact same speed for who knows how many miles ...
idea.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 15 2008, 10:55 AM) *

When traveling to a car event and staying at a "romantic getaway at the beach" overnight, that term means something very different to your GF than it does to you. sheeplove.gif

and here is the video! biggrin.gif

WCR 2008 Roadtrip - Pissed Off Girlfriend 8.0 MB

slap.gif Andy
championgt1
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif type.gif type.gif type.gif
KaptKaos
That was funny. smilie_pokal.gif
greenie
I think that pretty well sums it up.

Good stuff! welcome.png
Todd Enlund
I learned that my windshield wipers are installed correctly biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
i can handle 8 MGs. i'll get back in in 1/2 hour or so.
reverie
That was brilliant!

Thanks, Amoy. smile.gif
Root_Werks
laugh.gif That was great!
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jul 16 2008, 11:58 AM) *

I learned that my windshield wipers are installed correctly biggrin.gif

You are one of the few then. wink.gif
PeeGreen 914
hmmmm... I think my wife has said things rather similar to that biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.