Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I compiled a large video of my trip to the WCR ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
I compiled a large video of my trip to the WCR ...

DISCLAIMERS:

1. the girlfriend was in charge of the boom-box! biggrin.gif
2. the bridge part is a bit boring rolleyes.gif
3. find the time index for the "Damn Potholes" and "I can't feel my legs anymore" audio snippets and win a sixpack of good german beer! beer3.gif

WCR 2008 Compilation ~ 200 MB

bye1.gif Andy
914helo
Nice video. I believe the 'potholes' was around 4:43 and the 'can't feel my legs' around 25:32. I would have liked to make the trip myself but my car isn't quite ready yet.
Wannabe 914-6 owner
Car sure has a SWEEEEEEET Sound biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
200MB!! any ideas how long it will take on dial up? HA! if you burn me a dvd i'll reimburse for the disc and shipping.

k
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 16 2008, 10:56 AM) *

200MB!! any ideas how long it will take on dial up? HA! if you burn me a dvd i'll reimburse for the disc and shipping.

dialup? that is sooo 1997 ... rolleyes.gif

PM me your address and i'll send you a CD ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: the 200MB is the "low" quality version ... shades.gif
Eric_Ciampa
Nice video... but I was hoping for the ferrari to make an appearance smile.gif. But many beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing.
ConeDodger
Three comments...

That girl has some ecclectic taste in music!

The scenic route was well worth the 3 hours and the extra gas!

Nice video Andy!
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 16 2008, 11:56 AM) *

k

Remind me to buy you a true wireless ethernet card so you can snag one of your neighbors signals. biggrin.gif

Andy, friggen sweet video! Thanks for sharing! driving.gif
byndbad914
the views at 6mins and around 18mins are awesome. The bridge is sooo long, I would have sped up and just gone across it happy11.gif

Car does sound really nice Andy.
914helo
What's your exhaust setup on the 3.6 Andy? It sounds really nice; aggressive but not too loud.
Mike D.
I believe I saw several posted speed limits that were being exceeded in excess! driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(914helo @ Jul 16 2008, 03:22 PM) *

What's your exhaust setup on the 3.6 Andy? It sounds really nice; aggressive but not too loud.

they're from Patrick Motorsports, don't remember who makes them but PMS was reselling them as "Laguna Mufflers" for a while as they supposedly pass the sound limit at laguna seca ...

they've got a nice low rumble to them until you really hit the cams, then they just start screaming at you.
w00t.gif Andy
KELTY360
QUOTE(914helo @ Jul 16 2008, 04:22 PM) *

I listened to Andy pull into the parking lot at WCR08 one day and was surprised at how quiet the car was. When I mentioned it to him, he just said........"loud doesn't mean fast." thumb3d.gif

Great video - nice to meet Andy and Amoy.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

Not having even sat in a 914, much less driven one in 20 months, you can't imagine how I appreciated that vid......the parked wipers, the small t/s buckets rising/falling with the road, the dash vents, ahhhhh, it's all slowly coming back to me. Having spent virtually my whole life in the midwest, the breathtaking scenery through which you traveled further added to the enjoyment of your work. Thanks for "road trip" Andy! clap56.gif

Paul
orange914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 16 2008, 02:28 PM) *

That girl has some ecclectic taste in music!

madonna & jonny cash usually dont mix biggrin.gif

thanks for going to all the effort of putting that together, way cool.

gotta say i was impressed with how "tight" your 914 seemed to drive, no rattles. made me glad you got it back unharmed (when it was stolen) smilie_pokal.gif

hopefully well be at wrc 2009. should have ours on the road real soon.

mike
TC 914-8
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 16 2008, 03:51 AM) *

I compiled a large video of my trip to the WCR ...

DISCLAIMERS:

1. the girlfriend was in charge of the boom-box! biggrin.gif
2. the bridge part is a bit boring rolleyes.gif
3. find the time index for the "Damn Potholes" and "I can't feel my legs anymore" audio snippets and win a sixpack of good german beer! beer3.gif

WCR 2008 Compilation ~ 200 MB

bye1.gif Andy

Hi Andy,

It was great meeting you and Amoy. You lent her to me to be my videographer for a few miles.

Anyway, I tried to view your video and it either taked a long time to load or there is something rong. I do have DSL so it should only take a minute or so, right ?

Tony

TC 914-8
Andy, I got it, I had to find it in my download manager once it downloaded.

Great video, You went thru some senic places.

i have to view the video I took ( and Amoy ) and see how it came out. if it is good I'll contact you on how to post it.

Thanks, Tony
Wanna9146
Nice car, but I'm more impressed that you were able to keep a woman quiet for that long! biggrin.gif I can't drive with my g/f on long trips...

P.S. - Any chick that likes Johnny Cash is a keeper in my book...

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.