Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Por 15 Source in So Cal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Are there any POR 15 dealers in So Cal ? I know it can be ordered on line; but the car is in the shop right now with a nasty rust spot on the windshield post. They are going to weld in new metal. I would like to treat it with POR 15 this week.

Any other rust inhibitors recommended ?
Wes V
I've recently used SEM 39308 "Rust-Seal", which I got at my local automotive paint supply shop. It works well.

It's been years since I've used POR15 (just haven't had the need), but it seems pretty much the same.

If you have a burning need for POR, try a local boat repair store to see if they have it in stock.

Wes
smontanaro
Dunno about So Cal, but when I lived in upstate New York I bought some from an auto paint store in Schenectady. You should be able to find it around LA I would think. Maybe take a couple phone calls. Does the POR-15 website have a dealer locator?

Skip
Cap'n Krusty
I buy POR-15 from either of the 2 autobody suppy stores here in town, so it is likely to be available somewhere near you. You're in a big city, I'm not. The Cap'n
PeeGreen 914
Hey Jim. There is a product called zero rust that neutralizes rust as it coats. It leaves a nice paintable surface or look great on its own. A few of the guys the restore old cars up here swear by it.
SLITS
Want a gallon of it? I have it.
Heeltoe914
Jim try any Pro, Autobody supply Co. A place that sells Auto paints. I have a shop here in Burbank that has like five cans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.