Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POPS A DENT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
Has anyone used any pf these do it yourself dent poppers on the market? Results good or bad. If you have used one how big of a dent?
VaccaRabite
I don'r know about a "pops a dent" brand, but I used a toilet plunger once to great effect.

Big, shallow dent, no creases.

Zach
PanelBilly
Harbor Freight sells little suckers for a few bucks. I've used them to pull dents out of cars I don't care much about. Not the best way to fix a dent but better than leaving in alone.
Wanna9146
I paid a "door-ding" guy $100 to remove several from both doors of the SC. Even after looking at these dings for 2 yrs., I couldn't find where they used to be. Amazing.

If your car is nice, I would recommend letting someone else do it. I'd hate to mess up a good paint job myself.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Jul 17 2008, 02:09 AM) *

I paid a "door-ding" guy $100 to remove several from both doors of the SC. Even after looking at these dings for 2 yrs., I couldn't find where they used to be. Amazing.

If your car is nice, I would recommend letting someone else do it. I'd hate to mess up a good paint job myself.

Those guys do an amizing job but I've seen more than one drill holes in the body so their tool can reach into the dented area. OK for a family sedan not OK for a Porsche. They do put a plug in the hole but then it's not original.
Wanna9146
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Jul 17 2008, 06:42 AM) *
Those guys do an amizing job but I've seen more than one drill holes in the body so their tool can reach into the dented area. OK for a family sedan not OK for a Porsche. They do put a plug in the hole but then it's not original.

Nah...this guy went through the window opening and behind the door panel. I offered to remove the door panels as I was going to replace them anyway, but he said it isn't necessary. As I said...amazing.
klikkid3
ar15.gif THE DING KING stromberg.gif ..............sucked big time, fell for the infomercial. Had a 95 accord with a dent on the fender. Most of the time the hot glue provided to attach the thing with wouldnt hold, and then the one time it did it pulled the dent out only to create two small dents on either side of it, I would really love a chance to meet the inventor so I could glue the puller to his forehead and....... happy11.gif I guess the moral is F*&@ the Ding King.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.