Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subie swap - recession/covering of water lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
I was having a few issues with rubbing of the brackets holding the water lines to the body pan and that concerned me for sure. I took 914AROO to Jerry Woods and just got these shots today. JWE recessed and covered the lines similar to the 964 series. A few more (bigger) pics on my blog of the changed front plumbing - will update pics if/when more come in. Other stuff being done - should have it back in a few weeks. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
BIGKAT_83
That is nice.....
effutuo101
very nice!
plymouth37
Wow, that looks great Tom!
I am going to something like that on my car for sure.
Do you have any pictures of the coolant hoses with the bottom cover removed?
carreraguy
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jul 17 2008, 04:41 PM) *

Wow, that looks great Tom!
I am going to something like that on my car for sure.
Do you have any pictures of the coolant hoses with the bottom cover removed?

Nope. JWE may have taken some though; will check. All I know is that its aluminum tubing at both ends and heavy duty rubber hoses in the "tunnel" along with the brake and fuel lines and the shifter cable. Since the hoses are now shielded, I went with rubber vice aluminum to save money.
I'm really liking "Anklebiter" - very nice work!
Later,
neo914-6
Nice work Tom! Did JWE weld the pan back or screw it for later access? I like the front trunk hose "boots"...
MartyYeoman
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
markb
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 20 2008, 03:49 AM) *

Nice work Tom! Did JWE weld the pan back or screw it for later access? I like the front trunk hose "boots"...

Looking at the larger pic in the blog, it looks like screws were used. Nice work indeed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.