Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all Kerry Hunter owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
What are you running behind the header?

I have a super trapp and it is just to loud.

what are my options?
Zundfolge
You can take a bunch of diffuser disks off the Supertrapp and it'll be a little quieter.

I happen to love annoying my Harley driving neighbors with the loudness (I have 8 disks in mine).

Since its just a pipe (I don't think there's a flange ... I'll have to look) pretty much any muffler will work ... or at least can be made to work.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Jul 17 2008, 01:22 PM) *

You can take a bunch of diffuser disks off the Supertrapp and it'll be a little quieter.

I happen to love annoying my Harley driving neighbors with the loudness (I have 8 disks in mine).

Since its just a pipe (I don't think there's a flange ... I'll have to look) pretty much any muffler will work ... or at least can be made to work.

G e o r g e
I'm running 12 disks

I'll drop them down to 6

my header has a 3" 3 bolt flange, I was hoping somebody knew of a muffler that could bolt on

I guess i'll have to get 1 made up idea.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Zundfolge
Yep, just had to run out to the parking lot to throw the roof on (rain a comin') and looked under the car, there is a flange.

well if you didn't mind destroying the Supertrapp, you could cut the flange off it and weld it to any other muffler.
r_towle
Autozone sells hush thrush mufflers. Its an oval muffler.
Its very open, but tones down the 914 nicely.
They dont sell flanges, but a decent muffler shop will sell you a flange, or they will even tig one on your muffler for you.

I had an original (pre Foley) header like foley makes. I got the muffler and flange...welded it up and added a bolt on tail pipe to pass tech/noise inspection..simple.
Rich
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(George H. @ Jul 17 2008, 12:59 PM) *

What are you running behind the header?

I have a super trapp and it is just to loud.

what are my options?

I recommend a long pipe (about 36" long) from the flange that makes a turn behind the tranny to a conventional chambered muffler, and a tailpipe on the other end.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 17 2008, 04:29 PM) *

I recommend a long pipe (about 36" long) from the flange that makes a turn behind the tranny to a conventional chambered muffler, and a tailpipe on the other end.

Chris

Should the 36" pipe be the same size as the collector?

my other option is to install that 1st generation setup I have that you made..

how quiet is this setup?
ChrisFoley
If you have that, what are you messing around with the KHH for?
More power, quieter, nicer sound, heat, looks cool, new, more power.
Just the Stage I is as loud as the Supertrapp with no plates. Adding the second stage silencer makes it quite reasonable for the street.

The KHH extension pipe should be 2 1/8" or 2 1/4".

BTW, I can help you update the Tangerine heat exchanger to distribute air to both sides of the cockpit.
G e o r g e
That's what i thought you would say

I'll swap it out Sat.

where should i mount my 02 sensor on this , after all 4 have tied together?

right now I wasn't going to run heat, but by using this setup It will probably be a project for the future

jhadler
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 18 2008, 04:35 AM) *

If you have that, what are you messing around with the KHH for?

agree.gif

Why are you even asking about the KHH if you have that piece of art lying on your floor, and not bolted up to your motor?????

-Josh2
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(George H. @ Jul 18 2008, 02:05 PM) *

where should i mount my 02 sensor on this , after all 4 have tied together?

Yes, just after the secondary collector.
right now I wasn't going to run heat, but by using this setup It will probably be a project for the future

The heat exchanger is easily installed as a separate project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.