Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: when these pop up, it hard to rationalize keeping an 34 year old car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cobra94563

2002 PORSCHE BOXSTER S ..ONE OWNER...GORGEOUS COLOR..51 K MLS..AT - $21450 (SAN MATEO)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/758776332.html

dry.gif
seanery
agree.gif nice car
PeeGreen 914
I'd still rather have a $5k 914. But that's just my sickness biggrin.gif
seanery
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 17 2008, 03:00 PM) *

well then sell me your car for $5k and you can go out and get one wink.gif
KELTY360
For $21k I could buy a pretty nice 914...and it would likely increase in value. Will that Boxster appreciate in the next few years?
SirAndy
i've seen nice pre 2000 boxters go for $13k ...
unsure.gif Andy
Zundfolge
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 17 2008, 01:00 PM) *

I'd rather have a $21,000 914 than either tongue.gif

I can surely see the benefits of a Boxster though ... for one thing the wife wouldn't mind riding in it (she hates my 914).

I'm willing to compromise though ... $5k to sink into my 914 would put me just about right (anyone that wants to mail me a check, just PM me and I'll give you the address).
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 17 2008, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 17 2008, 03:00 PM) *

well then sell me your car for $5k and you can go out and get one wink.gif

av-943.gif You're killing me. Let me intall the new Tarret bar and Elephant stuff first then I'll sell it to you. av-943.gif

Wait, That's not a good idea. headbang.gif

I didn't say I would rather have a $5k 914 over my 914 wink.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 17 2008, 01:14 PM) *

unsure.gif Andy

Michelle and I had a 2.5 986 with just under 60K on the clock. We paid $12k for it and sold it for $11k. It was and I am sure still is a very nice car.
FourBlades

I think you've got to look at $12K boxsters as a good source of upgrade
parts for your 914...engine, tranny, brakes, wheels, stereo, seats, etc..

Part out the rest of the boxster... happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif

Hmmm, one $12K boxster plus one $2K 914 = nice ride. aktion035.gif

John
seanery
unfortunately, a boxster or wc 911 engine is a very difficult transplant into a teener sad.gif
Zundfolge
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 17 2008, 01:55 PM) *

unfortunately, a boxster or wc 911 engine is a very difficult transplant into a teener sad.gif

The question is how hard is it to transplant an ac 911 motor into the Boxster?
turboman808
boxsters are pretty ugly. Come to think of it Porsche hasn't made a nice looking car in about 15 years.

Cayman comes close but the roof line ruins it.
dflesburg
its a friggin automatic!!!!

I could have two 914s.... wait I do. nevermind.
r_towle
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Jul 17 2008, 04:50 PM) *

I think you've got to look at $12K boxsters as a good source of upgrade
parts for your 914...engine, tranny, brakes, wheels, stereo, seats, etc..

Part out the rest of the boxster... happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif

Hmmm, one $12K boxster plus one $2K 914 = nice ride. aktion035.gif

John

Motor wont fit between the stock trailing arms...though I bet Chris Foley could make a new arm that works...hmmm

Tranny has been attempted by Mueller, but he bailed out before getting it done, now he has no 914.
I have yet to see a tranny transplant, though it would be a good idea if it would work.

Brakes do fit..several kits out there for the associated adapter parts.
Seats...hmm never seen anyone try that,,,

Rich
ConeDodger
The Boxster transplant is being worked on by a NASA engineer who lives in San Jose. SilverBullet on here I believe??? He lives around the block from Chuck who owns Elephant Racing...

I think Andy's got a point. That car is selling for more than some. I have seen Boxsters sell for 9 - 13K lately. The Tiptronic is a plus for me. I want something that Yopu can drive. She wants to drive the Carrera but needs to learn to drive a manual transmission car. Anyone have a Fiesta she can learn with? She is not getting a chance to destroy the clutch in the Carrera! That color however, is NOT gorgeous. I need to barf now... I'm thinking Guards Red, Speed Yellow, or Silver...
PeeGreen 914
Rob... get a $500 Honda for her to learn on. I did that for my wife and she is shifting like a pro now wink.gif
Joe Bob
Sure you can own a Boxster on the cheap, but when you wake up, yer a hairdresser.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 17 2008, 04:16 PM) *

Rob... get a $500 Honda for her to learn on. I did that for my wife and she is shifting like a pro now wink.gif

I wish Jon. There is a story on my internet home page titled "want a used econobox? Get in line!" Gas prices have made those old turds into gold...
PeeGreen 914
I could drive this one down to you then wink.gif We get $100 cars all the time... but then we have to do work to get them up and running though. Too bad you're not closer or I'd help you out on that.
Justinp71
The early boxsters had problems, especially the rear main seal leak. This is also seen in the early 911 wc cars.... '99-'00. There is actually an article about it in the new excellence.

But personally I'd rather have something more unique, anyone can just go and buy a boxster... biggrin.gif

And you rarely get to work on it. av-943.gif
zymurgist
You can't even look at the engine on a Boxster without putting the car up on jackstands.

Nice car, but automatic... feh.
ClayPerrine
I am not named "Ken" so I can't drive a Barbie Car...... uhhhh Boxster. av-943.gif

neo914-6
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 17 2008, 01:14 PM) *

unsure.gif Andy

But this is a much different "S" model, 3.2 motor, bigger brakes, etc. Under $20k is remarkable.

trapper
But this is a much different "S" model, 3.2 motor, bigger brakes, etc. Under $20k is remarkable.
[/quote]

beerchug.gif I have one of each and I love them both, but they are as different as they are the same! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.