Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine case questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
Click to view attachmentfinally split my case. is this stuff normal or am i in for a world of sh..... well unsure.gif you know
ruddyboys
I think someone put a carpet in there by mistake.
nycchef
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ Jul 17 2008, 12:59 PM) *

I think someone put a carpet in there by mistake.

the carpet was no mistake. i'm hoping it will make the engine quieter. any thoughts on the rest of the nonsense?
yeahmag
Looks pretty normal to me...
davep
Those are not cracks, if that is what you are asking. Just casting marks. If they are raised, then in general you should assume casting marks.
nycchef
QUOTE(davep @ Jul 17 2008, 02:00 PM) *

Those are not cracks, if that is what you are asking. Just casting marks. If they are raised,in general you should assume casting marks.

i will be happy to make that assumpton thanks. new question what is the best way to clean the piston heads and the heads....... much carbon build up?
kconway
QUOTE(nycchef @ Jul 17 2008, 02:48 PM) *

QUOTE(davep @ Jul 17 2008, 02:00 PM) *

Those are not cracks, if that is what you are asking. Just casting marks. If they are raised,in general you should assume casting marks.

i will be happy to make that assumpton thanks. new question what is the best way to clean the piston heads and the heads....... much carbon build up?

Easyoff oven cleaner in the yellow can did it for me.
SirAndy
brake cleaner ... make sure you got plenty of fresh air ...
bye1.gif Andy
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(kconway @ Jul 17 2008, 05:18 PM) *

I don't think that Easy-Off is safe for aluminum... according to the MFG.
Dr Evil
EasyOff is the shit, but watch your eyes and use ventilation. smile.gif

Hi Richie bye1.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jul 17 2008, 10:44 PM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ Jul 17 2008, 05:18 PM) *

I don't think that Easy-Off is safe for aluminum... according to the MFG.

Its fine, just dont soak it over night. It will do fine for getting the coke off of the piston top and heads.
nycchef

easy off... thats great now my wife will want me to clean the ovensd too. hey mike shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.