Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An idea for promoting 914world.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Anyone interested in designing or getting something like these made as a way to promote this website and generate $$ to help defray operating expenses for this forum? Surely someone here can do better than these graphics... driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 17 2008, 12:26 PM) *

Anyone interested in designing or getting something like these made as a way to promote this website and generate $$ to help defray operating expenses for this forum? Surely someone here can do better than these graphics... driving.gif

great idea! smilie_pokal.gif

do we know anyone who's currently in prison? oh wait, that's license plates, not frames ....
biggrin.gif Andy
familienauto
I'd like to see a bumper-sticker sized window decal. Plate frames are a good idea though.
PeeGreen 914
I'd buy some 914world stickers done in reflective vinal.
Rusty
Great idea... I hope someone jumps on it.

Logo use policy is in this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=65693

-Rusty type.gif
rebelmdot
What about this?
Click to view attachment
Either vinyl, sticker, or even to go across the top of entire windshield.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Jul 17 2008, 04:42 PM) *

to go across the top of entire windshield.

agree.gif

I'm looking for something to help keep the sun out of my eyes once I have my car back on the road!
PeeGreen 914
If you were able to do that without the background. I know it would be a lot of cutting but would be cool to have in vinyl
seanery
If I were at home I'd gladly whip up some vinyl...won't be there (except for a couple days) until mid-november sad.gif
r_towle
Didnt McMark make up windshield banners already? and bumper stickers?

Rich
ConeDodger
Look on my rocker panels toward the rear... McMark made these up for me. Hard to see but they are the 914World logo in white.
JeffBowlsby
You know, I was trying to come up with an idea that was better than stickers, better than windshield banners, better than coffee mugs…something different than every other car club…those others seem all too common. What better than a high quality license plate frame. Love the website logo idea…Thes could be done cheapely in plastic, or much better quality in machined metal…hey maybe we could interest Mark Engman in fabbing these? We could support our own…smile.gif
orange914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 17 2008, 01:37 PM) *

I'd buy some 914world stickers done in reflective vinal.

agree.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 17 2008, 03:02 PM) *

You know, I was trying to come up with an idea that was better than stickers, better than windshield banners, better than coffee mugs…something different than every other car club…those others seem all too common. What better than a high quality license plate frame. Love the website logo idea…Thes could be done cheapely in plastic, or much better quality in machined metal…hey maybe we could interest Mark Engman in fabbing these? We could support our own…smile.gif

Yeah. Frames could be good but I personaly will never have one on my car. I hate them. I do however like stickers done well. Shirts done well are very good too. Many of the "other" clubs have tried it all.

Maybe we can all brainstorm and get a "Goodies store" built up with an assortment of great things for everyone. aktion035.gif
ConeDodger
That is really a great idea... Something in metal is much better than cheesy plastic.

How about:

Early Boxster (across the top)

914World.Com (across the bottom)
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 17 2008, 05:36 PM) *

That is really a great idea... Something in metal is much better than cheesy plastic.

How about:

It ain't an early boxster (or any other kinda Boxster). Its a 914!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 17 2008, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 17 2008, 05:36 PM) *

How about:

It ain't an early boxster (or any other kinda Boxster). Its a 914!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently you need to take a really good look at a Boxster... Front trunk - check, rear trunk - check, engine in the middle - check, two seats - check, optional ability to see the sky - check, outstanding handling with mediocre power in stock form - check... Boxsters believe it or not even use some 914 parts right down to the part number. Check out the wheel bearings... Same part numbers. biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Fiero, Fiat X19. front trunk-check, rear trunk(kinda)-check, two seats-check, engine in middle-check,

Still ain't a 914 wink.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Oh yeah, 914 shares a lot of part numbers with the 911's. That don't make them a 4 cylinder 911!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 17 2008, 04:00 PM) *

Fiero, Fiat X19. front trunk-check, rear trunk(kinda)-check, two seats-check, engine in middle-check,

Still ain't a 914 wink.gif

First of all, sorry about the hijack Jeff...

You forgot the Corvair, the MR2 and several others. Your point is that a Boxster is not a 914. Ok, but it is a direct decendent of the 914 and a direction Porsche wanted to go for a number of years. They feared alienating the rear engine people with the midengine direction I suspect. The president of the PCA Sacramento Valley Region has license plates that say "73 BXDER" or something like that and he is an original owner of his 73 2.0. I have Boxster license plate frames. I believe along with many, many others that the Boxster is a fine car and a direct decendent of the 914... Is there a problem with the Boxster that you don't want it associated with your 914?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 17 2008, 04:02 PM) *

Oh yeah, 914 shares a lot of part numbers with the 911's. That don't make them a 4 cylinder 911!

A 4 cylinder 911 is a 912. If we follow your logic path that would make them not anywhere close to the same car either...
1970 Neun vierzehn
These are good.........

turnaround89
I like the logo on the Honda Element.
Eric_Shea
Jeff. I like it.

Here's what I think:

Top Line = Porsche 914
Bottom Line = 914World Logo
orange914
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jul 17 2008, 08:02 PM) *

I like the logo on the Honda Element.

agree.gif , something catchy... small glass decal beerchug.gif
SGB
How about something useful but not on the car-
like a 914world bottle opener.
or clock
or pen set
familienauto
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jul 17 2008, 07:48 PM) *

These are good.........

That's exactly what I'd like to see offered. Did you have that made up yourself or have I missed something?
'Cause
QUOTE(SGB @ Jul 17 2008, 10:02 PM) *

How about something useful but not on the car-
like a 914world bottle opener.
or clock
or pen set

...or logoed jack stands! rolleyes.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(familienauto @ Jul 17 2008, 08:06 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jul 17 2008, 07:48 PM) *

These are good.........

That's exactly what I'd like to see offered. Did you have that made up yourself or have I missed something?

About a year ago, there was a limited (I think) run of these made for the faithful to purchase.
The example you see here was an outside, vinyl application that has endured the elements(so to speak) extremely well.
I think the 914.World logo is tasteful, discreet and has a "classic" look to it. I hope its use is restrained and kept in good taste.

Paul
McMark
I made 50 stickers awhile ago. It's probably time for another run.... idea.gif

BUT, let's focus on the license plate frames, which is a GREAT idea.
JimSar
You can have them all: mugs, t-shirts, stickers, hats, magnets, etc. through http://www.cafepress.com/ (no affiliation).

Anything over their base price goes to the club.

Jim
VaccaRabite
Dang Mark.

I guess that means that you don't have any of the stickers left.

I have one on my Suby DD, and the other on my tool box. I was hopeful that you would have more of them. make another run, I'll buy more.

Zach
ericread
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 17 2008, 03:02 PM) *

agree.gif

I really don't want any more decals or that kind of crap on my car. However, I would gladly replace my blank license plate holder with the 914world item as described by Jeff.

To me this is a great idea as it replaces a pretty nondescript piece (license plate holder).

GREAT IDEA JEFF - I'm IN smilie_pokal.gif

Eric Read
championgt1
agree.gif What Eric and Jeff said. I don't want to put stickers on my car but would gladly put on a license plate surround. Great idea!!! smilie_pokal.gif
jonferns
Im in for the license plate frame or the sticker, or both!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.