Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914helo
I've been looking into brake upgrades and people have mentioned Boxster brakes. Who has kits for this? Are Boxster calipers really an upgrade? Lighter, larger contact patch? confused24.gif
The other part of my lack of knowledge on this is if you go with Boxster calipers, what is the spacing? Or in other words, what front suspension should I go with?
Thanks
jimkelly
are you racing your car or driving on street?

how does you car stop now?

if street use - get a full car set of rebuilt calipers from eric shea for $450 after core return - new porterfield pads all around $150 - then bleed the hell out of your system with correct fresh fluid.

http://www.pmbperformance.com

Jm
914helo
Sorry, I should have added info on my car and usage headbang.gif
I should be finishing up an engine conversion soon (suby swap) with around 230 hp. I have slight flares only on the rear. Currently stock '73 2.0 suspension with front and rear sway bars. I plan to use the car for fun weekend spirited drives, etc. It's not a daily driver or track car. However with the added hp I want to make sure the brakes are up to the task. I've seen too many conversions on cars where they upgrade one thing and forget about everything else.
I have Boxster wheels to put on the car and while thinking about 911 suspensions to swap over, I want to make sure I think about the brakes.
Thanks
Racer
To get a Boxster brake to work, you will need to find a correctly sized rotor as well as an adaptor to sapce it out and fit. I don't believe the stock boxster rotor will bolt on.

The "easier" upgrade would be '84-'89 Carrera brakes on your 911 struts. These are a bolt on, known system and were designed to stop a 2800# 911 with 230hp. Your car should be lighter.. Also, what brakes will you put on the rear?
neo914-6
I'm running Box up front thank's to Rich Johnsons bolt on adapters and Carrera rotors. He refurbished the 911 struts and hubs for me too. Haven't got brake fluid in them yet so can't comment on feel...
914helo
I hadn't decided on the rear calipers yet; was waiting to see what was the best option for the front and then adjust accordingly. If the Carerra brakes are more simple change, maybe I should go that route. What is recommeded for the rears with Carerra fronts? I would still like to have a parking break...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 17 2008, 05:26 PM) *

I'm running Box up front thank's to Rich Johnsons bolt on adapters and Carrera rotors. He refurbished the 911 struts and hubs for me too. Haven't got brake fluid in them yet so can't comment on feel...

drooley.gif Looks like you have the smart racing bar too. Nice setup.
Eric_Shea
I'm not a fan of the Carrera set-up.

There's a lot of info on the Carrera set-up here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86026
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.