Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drawbardude
Arggh! Does anyone have a suggestion on my fuelish problem. I couldn't get my 1970 - 1.7 L car started so looked at the fuel lines for the problem. Long story short - I replaced the lines - yeah. After replacing the lines, car started easily and ran for 5 minutes. Now, it won't start again, it would appear I have a fuel lock - or perhaps a brain lock. Any suggestions out there.... ar15.gif
TheCabinetmaker
need more input. FI or carbs? Is the fuel pump running?
orange914
did you pull the tank and replace those? they are easy to kink.

mike
rebelmdot
did you replace or clean the fuel filter? I would look to the filter or fuel pump for culprit.
swl
There is a whole host of things that could have gone wrong during the replacement. You can't just guess at this stuff you have to troubleshoot methodically. Like Curt said is this FI? assuming it is ...

Is the fuel pump working? (quick buzz when key first turns on)
Is it doing its job? Gross test. After the system is pressurized turn the key off and remove the fuel pressure plug on the drivers side rail - even with the pump off you should get a squirt of fuel. Proper test is to insert a fuel pressure guage.

Do these two first - could save you a whole bunch of time farting around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.