Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have 100lbs springs on there car ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
levonfarra
I use my car for street use (mostly canyon driving), never autocrossed. I am going to change my shocks to Bilstein and I figure I might as well change my springs too. I bought the Weltmeister 100 lbs., but I am not sure if I should keep it or exchange it for 140lbs. springs.

Is there a big improvement over the stock ones with the 100 lbs? Is the 140lbs overkill for what I do?

Need some input.

Thanks,

Levon
Lavanaut
I was just doing this research myself. Search for "spring*" (w/o quotes) in the garage, titles only. Loads of info out there already. wink.gif

Short answer is: go with the hundos
SirAndy
i've got 250lbs springs, adjustable koni's and roller bearings ...

perfect combination!
shades.gif Andy
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 17 2008, 05:46 PM) *

perfect combination!
shades.gif Andy

You also have a six Big Guy.

I run the 140's, and I built it for my favorite past time...Shredding Canyons. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 17 2008, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 17 2008, 05:46 PM) *

perfect combination!
shades.gif Andy

You also have a six Big Guy.

ran the same setup with the 1.7L ...

perfect combination!
shades.gif Andy
r_towle
I think 100 lbs springs are what are available as the "stock" replacement.
Go with the 140 lbs, you will like them and they are far from harsh.

I have 180 lbs and thinking of going up to the stiffer ones...

Rich
jesiv
I just replaced my stock springs with new 100 lb springs a couple of weeks ago. My initial thought was to replace with NOS springs, but was unable to find them. I am very pleased with the performance and ride height. piratenanner.gif

My stock springs were so bad that the 100 lb springs actually raised the car about 1 1/2".

James
seanery
I've got 125s with the adjustable perches and koni yellows - very nice combo. Andy drove it from San Francisco to Little Rock, AR in 2004(?) Was it 4 years ago? Damn!
rhodyguy
i run the 100s on adj perches with STOCK rate front torsion bars, stock anti-sways on both ends, matched with ext adj koni reds and i DO NOT ax. i had installed higher rate front torsions (21mm)and the ballance/ride quality was not to my liking. i think you want to consider the setup as a whole and move forward from that point. opinions vary.

k
VaccaRabite
When I was setting my suspension, it was said that 140s were the highest you could go w/o needing to change the the fronts (assuming you had a stock ASB in place.)

100s are used as stock relpacements, I think. If you want to go stock, use the 100s. The 140s will lower the rear end ~ 1/2 inch and are supposed to improve body roll.

bigger then 140 in the rear (so it is said) you will be introducing too much oversteer to the car unless you stiffen up the front too. Spin city.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.