Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche hood crests
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
All of a sudden, I'm seeing stupid prices paid for early crests. Is there something I should know?

Sold an orange-band from my '70 911E on eBay for a stupid number (expected maybe 50 bucks - sold for 135!).

Have a couple more red-band crests to partt with, but what is going on? Saw an orange band on eBay this week for $500 (it was very sweat), but what's the draw all of a sudden?
Pat
scotty b
ignorance ?? They are re-making the orange band badges for a couple years now. I haven't seen one in person to know how weel it is done but the pics look pretty spot on. there's always a market for the guy that wants a perfect factory piece no matter how nice the re-pro is. You know kinda like raintrays poke.gif [size=3]
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 17 2008, 08:34 PM) *

ignorance ?? They are re-making the orange band badges for a couple years now. I haven't seen one in person to know how weel it is done but the pics look pretty spot on. there's always a market for the guy that wants a perfect factory piece no matter how nice the re-pro is. You know kinda like raintrays poke.gif [size=3]

That is just not right! You know how much that trat means to me! Aw hell, ain't never going to see one. Last chance i had fell through 2 weeks ago, when acertain memeber of this forum FINALLY decided to give one up, but put his knee into the middle of it while trying to remove it - broke it! Jeez, I tried for over a year for that one too. I think it was the last of the perfects. Damn!

You really know how to dig the screwdriver into the lungs!

Someday, I'll get even. I hope
Pat
So.Cal.914
Is everything all right Pat?
SGB
Oh, he's just joshin'

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.