Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First longish drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Took my first longish drive tonight - 20+ miles each way to Sherman Oaks for some side work. Had a blast! Temp stayed right on the on the leading edge of the "P" and I was crusing between 70-85 mph the whole way (doing the "break the rings" in dance).

Found a few things that need addressed though:

-Exhaust leak somewhere (pop-pop on decel)
-I think one of my rear calipers may be hanging up or a bad wheel bearing (squeak-squeak sound)
-Aim the headlights!

Had a blast though!

driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif driving.gif
rebelmdot
Congratulations!! I just got mine back on the road and put 140 miles on it this week. It will be 190 when I get home from work. It had been 9 years since I had driven a 914. smilie_pokal.gif

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jul 18 2008, 02:00 AM) *

Took my first longish drive tonight - 20+ miles each way to Sherman Oaks for some side work. Had a blast! Temp stayed right on the on the leading edge of the "P" and I was crusing between 70-85 mph the whole way (doing the "break the rings" in dance).

Found a few things that need addressed though:

-Exhaust leak somewhere (pop-pop on decel)
-I think one of my rear calipers may be hanging up or a bad wheel bearing (squeak-squeak sound)
-Aim the headlights!

Had a blast though!

driving.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.