Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Site's time settings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
I have my time zone set to Pacific, and the site's telling me it's 10:07 right now. It's 9:07. Anyone else seeing this? confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
My time settings are always off here too, and the board settings are correct. been like that for as long as I can remember.

Zach
Gint
This version of the IPB software requires you to go into your profile and select the timezone/DST/auto/manual/blah-blah change. My Control -> Board Settings You can probably find it from there.
Lavanaut
Yep, it's set up correctly, but the time's still off by an hour.
VaccaRabite
My setting under "Board Control" are correct for my area.
DST is set for "Autimatic."
Clock is an hour fast.

I suppose I could set myself for Central time(1 timezone to the left), and he clock would be correct. Its not that big a deal though.

I think that clock was wrong way back before the split too.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Test

Weird. Changing my time zone and clearing my cookies had no effect on the board time. Still reads an hour fast.
TheCabinetmaker
Same here in central time zone. Always 1 hour off. My controls are set correct!
VaccaRabite
test #2 okay, weird again.
Set time back to Eastern Time. Clock in the CP is now correct. (it may have been before, I did not look). Post time is still off by an hour.

Has to be a software glitch. Good old "Off by one" coding error. I bet someone started counting a 1 instead of zero. :-)

Zach
Lavanaut
Sounds to me like the server's time is set incorrectly.

Yeah, no biggee...just wondering if anyone else was seeing it.
blitZ
Just switch to Central Time (CST), that should fix it.

Zach, you must be as bored at work as I am. I'm going on vacation next week and if the clock moves any slower I'm gonna scream. yikes.gif
rhodyguy
for pst we're an hour off (behind) from mountain time. it's a mountain admin conspirosy.
Gint
That's kinda weird 'cause the time is OK for me and I'm in MT and the server is PT. I can't check the server right now because I can't get to it (connection issues on Andy's end), so I'll have to go poke the bear. poke.gif Oh Andy...
JeffBowlsby
The website time is not correct for me here in CA... 1 hour ahead.
Gint
Go and uncheck both the auto correct and manual DST settings and don't forget to check the "Change my Account Options" button at the bottom of the form. If you don't check that button your settings don't change. Note the time. Then check the auto correct DST box and the change options button and report back.
Lavanaut
Unchecked auto and manual DST, clicked update = time now correct

Rechecked manual setting (enabled) only, clicked update = time fast by an hour

Unchecked manual, checked auto, clicked update = time now correct

That seemed to do it!

Thanks Mike beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
too much work. i just deduct one hour.

k
SirAndy
the IPB software has had trouble with DST since the beginning ...

i set mine to manual and that did it for me. on auto, it would always be 1 hour off ...
dry.gif Andy
ericread
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 18 2008, 02:25 PM) *

the IPB software has had trouble with DST since the beginning ...

i set mine to manual and that did it for me. on auto, it would always be 1 hour off ...
dry.gif Andy

That's funny. It seems the "Club" site doesn't have that problem... Maybe you could check with their admin to assist you.....

stirthepot.gif devil.gif lol3.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ericread @ Jul 19 2008, 09:19 PM) *

It seems the "Club" site doesn't have that problem... Maybe you could check with their admin to assist you.....

yeah, if i was running *this* site for my personal profit, i would BUY the latest version of IPB and try to exploit the last penny out of my "members".

luckily for you, we're running on a three year old version of IPB and i have no intentions to turn this into my personal retirement gig ...
santa_smiley.gif Andy
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 20 2008, 03:45 AM) *

It seems the "Club" site doesn't have that problem... Maybe you could check with their admin to assist you.....

yeah, if i was running *this* site for my personal profit, i would BUY the latest version of IPB and try to exploit the last penny out of my "members".

luckily for you, we're running on a three year old version of IPB and i have no intentions to turn this into my personal retirement gig ...
santa_smiley.gif Andy

Ouch.

Turn off the clock....f-em all.

Rich
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 20 2008, 03:45 AM) *

santa_smiley.gif Andy

Now, that's the Andy we all know and ...
ericread
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 20 2008, 12:45 AM) *

santa_smiley.gif Andy

Point well taken... Besides, this board makes me feel younger. Makes it seem like I am able to stay up an hour later... yawn.gif

Seriously, if there are other reasons to upgrade (not just a silly time zone issue), you should let the membership know. I, for one, would be glad to kick-in some bucks to cover the license costs. And I believe others would be glad to do so. We all appreciate the time and effort you and the other admins put in to host this site, so don't be afraid to ask for some financial help if needed.

Eric Read
rhodyguy
andy hates, er...dislikes the money offers.
ericread
OK, Maybe some of us could donate some items to be auctioned with the proceeds going to an improvement fund.

Maybe this isn't necessary at all, but if we're on an old version and could all benefit from an upgrade, I'm all for it. There's nothing wrong with having the community step up from time to time. That's what friends do...

Eric

sww914
Thanks for everything admins!
I have bigger problems than what time it says that I posted something.
For instance, I have a headache and that's a bigger problem.
My mortgage is another problem that bothers me more than the time on my posts.
I have an odd fungal growth. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Want any more?
ericread
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jul 20 2008, 11:43 PM) *

Thanks for everything admins!
For instance, I have a headache and that's a bigger problem.
My mortgage is another problem that bothers me more than the time on my posts.
I have an odd fungal growth. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Want any more?

Ok, OK, You Win!!! Please share no more of you "problems"!

Please!

Please!

Please!

lol3.gif
Lavanaut
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jul 20 2008, 10:43 PM) *

Me too. rolleyes.gif

But in my experience, sysadmin types like to know when something's not working correctly with an application/website/server/db, whatever. As one of those types myself, I just thought I'd put it out there in case it wasn't a known issue.

That sucks that your mortgage is a problem, that's probably not a lot of fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.