Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Autox Class for 914/6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
What PCA AutoX class would my 914/6 be classified?

1971 914 (originally 1.7)
3.2 six with Weber 40IDA3c & headers
Fiberglass - Bumpers, hood, rear deck front fenders, rear flares
Cage - partial (no door bars or underdash bar - yet)
16x8/9 wheels with 225/50 & 245/45 Toyo RA1

thanks

Eddie
PeeGreen 914
MOD

You get to run with Leeds biggrin.gif Are you going this weekend? I wish I could but I'm going to miss this one since my wife needs my help with the new little one. I'll be there in August though.
PanelBilly
Jon,

The class you race in now is "strollers"
Eddie914
I didn't think it would be in GTO.

My son and I are signed up. I'm assuming we will considered novice. How many events does it take to get out of novice?

I'm assuming we should mount up the RA1's. I understand some clubs will not let novices run "R" rubber.

Thanks

Eddie
PeeGreen 914
We actually don't have a novice run group. So you can run whatever you would like. The PNWPCA is rather relaxed about that. It will be cool to see your times. Have a great time and come out in August so I can see you run.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 18 2008, 02:23 PM) *

Jon,

The class you race in now is "strollers"

av-943.gif blink.gif headbang.gif

Yeah. Fortunatly my wife loves that I race and lets me go all day. This is a little different though as she is still recovering and needs my help.
Eddie914
It will be cool to see your times.

I'm sure my times will be more humorous than "cool". av-943.gif

I need to get as much passenger seat time as posssible to steepen the learning curve.

Our first event with the BSCC was a laugh ... lots of dead cones and blue smoke. My only clean run was my first run with an instructor.

Jon, hope to see you in August. Hope you are enjoying the new daughter.

My son didn't hesitate a second when I asked him if he wanted to go. aktion035.gif

Eddie
6freak
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Jul 18 2008, 02:41 PM) *

I need to get as much passenger seat time as posssible to steepen the learning curve.

Our first event with the BSCC was a laugh ... lots of dead cones and blue smoke. My only clean run was my first run with an instructor.

My son didn't hesitate a second when I asked him if he wanted to go. aktion035.gif

Eddie

If you ve never done it you`ll be hooked ....remember its all for fun .seeya there driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Jul 18 2008, 02:41 PM) *

Eddie

I would hope your son would jump at the opportunity.

Yeah, my daughter is really cute and I am loving getting to know her. Much different that a boy. I can see that already. Elijah was way different.

I'll look forward to seeing you in August. Have a great time out there.
Eddie914
Well ... my prediction was correct. My results and times were pretty funny!

Run one: missed gate
Run two: missed gate
Run three: smokey 360 on the last 180 dergee turn
Run four: two seconds slower than my 17 year old son (55 sec. vs. 53 sec.)

I Eric and Tim were in the 48 sec range. TTOD was around 46 seconds.

My son drove great. I'm proud that he beat me.

I really need to work on becoming smooth.

Eddie
PeeGreen 914
Well you have much less AX seat time than most of the others out there so you sould feel good with what you did.

Nice work Eddie biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.