Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Visiting a friend and look what he has!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Stopped by to visit a friend of mine the other night and he tok me down in his garage to show me the love of his life. It's not a Porsche but I would not mind having it. It's a 1967 with a 427-435HP all stock. He doesnt drive it much anymore, actually never did. He bought it as an investment. After doing a little research, the car is worth about $75k. It is cleaner than when it came from the factory. I am so jealous.
boxstr
Is that a brown interior?? $75K?? Tell him to watch Speed Channel Barret Jackson auction replays. He will see a few early Vettes cross the block. Some high $$$$
CCLINBJBUMMIN
skline
He has a whole book on this car, it includes the build sheet from the top of the gas tank, it is all original. I told him he should take it out once in awhile. I may try to talk him into taking it to Crystal Cove one weekend. The car is beautiful.
Joe Bob
Good for him...I'd rather drive it....I know a guy that has one of the 21 made Club Sport 911s....thing has like 14,000 miles on it.

What a waste.
JmuRiz
If it's a numbers matching car it's worth way more than $75k, like boxstr said, watch the auction on speed, they were going in the 100's. Plus I don't think I've ever seen one that's black/brown, hmmmmm.

Oh yeah, tell him to drive the thing...if he's too nervous, I will cool.gif
tat2dphreak
w00t.gif
I think I just soiled my pants!
redshift
Vettesmith, Miami, go ask Craig to see his cars. He has a matching set, 67, BB, one vert, one coupe, convertible has air, and every option, coupe has no options, and factory radio delete, both are 99 pt. cars, with Bloomington Gold/Survivor certs. Both black, black, black.

He also has a 289 FIA Cobra, with 1300 miles on it that he bought for $5k, among the 0 mile Rarris, and Lambos.

sad.gif

My pecker just got real small.

M
Kargeek
67 – last year of that body style and one of my favorite Corvettes. Back when I was 21 years old I cut one up- it was a small block- added flaired fenders, a ducktail spoiler... They were only worth 4-5000.00! I had other customers after they saw what I did with mine-cut up their cars too. Speaking of the B- Jackson auction… did you see the yellow 69 Z28 go for 110,000.00? If we could only go back in time and buy them...
vortrex
I've never understood how cars this old can be described as cleaner than from the factory?? confused24.gif
rick 918-S
I had the engine out of one of those plastic pigs in my Chevelle. Great motor donor!

That tri-power Vette motor is the reason I couldn't leave the stock 1.7 in my teener. I'm a sick man confused24.gif
Bruce Allert
I had an 82 Collector Edition in near concourse shape. Started having panick attacks when it came to trying to find a safe parking space... there ain't no such thang fighting19.gif I sold it & got the 914. Then I began to have fun boldblue.gif no more attacks clap56.gif

.........b
JmuRiz
I've never understood how cars this old can be described as cleaner than from the factory??  

Vortex: Basically it's not that hard to make it better than factory condition if you are doing a full rebuild. Look at Karl's car, there's a 914 example. In old muscle cars though, you can "correct" things like overspray on the engine mounts/manifolds etc. Also paint technology is much better, you can have a factory correct laquer paint or a 3+ stage modern w/ clearcoat paint that looks better than it ever did from the factory. Simple eh?

Redshift: Ain't it a shame to see all those great cars wasting away not being driven, breaks my heart. Who cares about museum cars, get out there and drive them...then restore them every 15 years or so, and go out again cool.gif
Steve Thacker
OH Great!...I just got a woodie! mueba.gif
boxstr
Steve Good morning, thats great what year and model, 48 Ford has always been my favorite. They were selling for large $$ at BJ this year.
CCLINWODDIESFORSALE
redshift
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 29 2004, 09:33 AM)
Redshift: Ain't it a shame to see all those great cars wasting away not being driven, breaks my heart.

Yeah, you know, there are ones for driving though..

The sickening thing I have to deal with are collectors with 500-1000 guitars, that don't see them after they buy them, just stacking wood in the closets.

Craig does have cars to drive, I really want to drive the 67 coupe though.

smile.gif

M
GWN7
My ex boss (retired) has a 70 GTO Judge that he did a compleat frame off restoration 8 years ago. Since then he has put 0 miles on it.

He had a doner body that some guy came by and bought off of him for $1500.00. The guy came back and offered him 20K (CDN) for the car (compleated car) and he was thinking of selling it till I pointed out that he could get 25K US for it (or more) and he had never driven it. (still hasn't)

He did warm it up in his garage and launch it out the door, once....brought the three pieces of the U joint that tore apart in to work as proof that he had driven it. As far as I'm concerened 50 feet in 8 years dosen't count.

He's now working on a 48 Dodge that will probably not see the road either.
campbellcj
This morning I was cruising down PCH next to a big-block Stingray convertible; a 69 or so I guess. The car was pristine and its sound was outrageous. I always liked the earlier Vettes but maybe not enough to own one.
Rgreen914
In 1968, while at Pasadena City College, I reunited with a guy I had known in high school. He had just bought a '66 Bel Air (425 hp/427 with 4 speed, 4:88) from Casler Tires in Ontario; this car had been the Stock Eliminator Champ at the '67 Winter Nationals. In those days, Stock Eliminator cars were limited to 7" wide "cheater" slicks. At the old OCIR (Orange County International Raceway), this 3725 lb two-door would "yank" the front wheels about a foot in the air leaving the starting line. Several of the guys we used to run against went on to bigger and better things (guys like Sonny Bryant, Bill Bagshaw and Bob Lambeck were part of the "birth" of Pro Stock); we ran that car for a couple of years and when my friend sold it, it held the national record (we went from Pasaden, Ca. all the way to Amarillo, Texas just to set the mph record). By the way, it was the only Bel Air running in that class--all the other "heavy hitters" ran Biscaynes! Because of this experience I grew to love big block Chevies!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.