Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear drivetrain woes!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
K, so when my battery spontaneously died in the middle of nowhere, I had actually pulled over to investigate the new clicking noise coming from behind me. Well, long story short, after I replaced the battery and got it going again, I found that the click was the rusted, reinforced left rear trailing arm cracking further. It was still drivable, but not raceable. So anyways, I took it upon myself to change out both trailing arms and their bushings this weekend (Using Eric Shea's polyurethane bushings)
The right rear side had been apart before, so it came apart fairly easily. The left side, however, was a holy SOB. The outer CV was totally bonded to the hub! I broke two gear pullers, a hammer, and the stub axle trying to get it out.... Well, it's out, but now I need a new hub, bearing (bad discoloration on the bearing case) and stub axle, and I really don't want to wait for shipping from all over the country seeing how it's in my parents garage with no rear end right now.
In addition to THAT issue, after fighting with the stub axle ALL DAY, the machine shops are all closed 'till monday and I can't get the old bushings pressed out! headbang.gif What a monster of a day! Rant over! If anyone can help me with parts 'I pay you good price!' Or if you've got a press that I can use... Thanks.
Mark D.
HeloMech
4 or 5 lug?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.