Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carrera GT Clone... you gotta see this.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigD9146gt
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...281233&rd=1

If I may suggest, read EVERYTHING on that page out loud with the best used car salesmen (or David Caruso) voice you have... invite anyone around you to enjoy.
BMXerror
blink.gif sad.gif icon8.gif barf.gif slap.gif alfred.gif chair.gif ar15.gif whack_3.gif
Mark D.
drew365
It looks like a Ranchero.
PanelBilly
OK, I know its kind of stupid to copy a supercar, but I like it. It looks like a fake engine and I'd like to see something done with the real motor. I don't want it, but I enjoyed looking at the design.
ahdoman
A little more choping and some fiberglass work and it could be a Boxter pickup - kind of like the 2 rare 914 trucks.
ConeDodger
Actually, I kind of like it. I would have to see it in person but in the pics I find it appealing. I would not own it mind you but it looks cool. I appreciate the work involved. I wonder how he managed to get a V-6 into it??? biggrin.gif

I have a freind who has a Carrera GT along with several other Porsche's that are extremely rare and expensive. He also owns 3 914's... I remember when he called me to tell me to come over because he wanted to go for a ride. He opened the garage door and there sat a CGT in silver. After the initial shock wore off, I told him it was a late model 914! He said "yes, I guess it is isn't it."
championgt1
IMO. Looks like ass.
jleblanc
It would almost look OK, but the roof is at least 6" too high, so it looks goofy. Other than that, they seem to have done a decent job. I would never want to own something like that because I'm not a poseur smile.gif but it looks a lot better than some Fiero "Ferraris" I've seen.
neo914-6
They matched the wheelbase length which is much better than the stock Boxster CGT conversion. Take off the bowed roof that follows the Boxster side windows and I doubt few of you could tell the difference from 20'. It's hard to tell how well it's proportioned and finished from the photos. It obviously doesn't have the big calipers, factory wheels, seats, and other costly details.

To me, it's intent is no different than all the 914GT flared clones...
So.Cal.914
Streched 12 " in both directions? Show me in one.

Click to view attachment
roadster fan
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 20 2008, 12:00 AM) *

To me, it's intent is no different than all the 914GT flared clones...

Yeah, but the 914GT flared clones are built from .........914's. This one is closer to fiero Ferrari's IMHO.

Can someone tell if it is really stretched 12" in both directions? It looks like the whell base is stretched in the rear, but are they talking about the width too?

Jim
BigD9146gt
From seeing a lot of hack jobs, I agree with you guys that like it... I think its very well done. I guess I don't understand why people think they can build a replica and sell it for what they spent... You could buy a used GT3 for $100k. I like your idea Steve, a boxster pickup.
Eric_Shea
Done well but still aaron.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 20 2008, 01:07 PM) *

Done well but still aaron.gif

125 k av-943.gif this guys smoke`n crack screwy.gif
Jake Raby
So, I guess the Boxster now has a "V6"....
What an idiot. What a bastard! What an abortion!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.