Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RennShift owners - upgrades available
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JWest
Here is the info for the new polished stick and reverse lockout for those interested.

RennShift upgrades
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(James Adams @ Jan 28 2004, 09:57 AM)
Here is the info for the new polished stick and reverse lockout for those interested.
RennShift upgrades

cool deal, i'm on it !

what's the surface treatment on the aluminum sheath ? bare alloy ? clear coat ? anodise ?

there's still a steel rod, with a tubular aluminum overlay, am i reading that right ?

now if only the damned snow would go away !
seanery
Looks nice James. Ok, so 911 owners have nothing to complain about now, huh?!
Downunderman
James,

Can you still select 2nd or 3rd before reverse to stop it crunching into reverse, or do you have to start from neutral and go straight into reverse. I have my shift lever on the other side already btw.
JWest
QUOTE(Howard R @ Jan 28 2004, 12:54 PM)
James,

Can you still select 2nd or 3rd before reverse to stop it crunching into reverse, or do you have to start from neutral and go straight into reverse. I have my shift lever on the other side already btw.

Yes, you can still select the other gears (2nd or 3rd) just before reverse (that's what I do).

I started to put the levers on the other side (for 901s) later last year in anticipation of the lockout. I have a database of which ones were delivered that way and will offer a voucher to allow ordering without the stick return charge.
Blynes
oh great - I took the shifter out of my 911 because no reverse lock out & kept scraping reverse

Anyone want to buy a 915 RennShifter cheap?

Bill Lynes
JWest
QUOTE(Blynes @ Jan 28 2004, 03:57 PM)
oh great - I took the shifter out of my 911 because no reverse lock out & kept scraping reverse

Anyone want to buy a 915 RennShifter cheap?

Bill Lynes

I believe that this is an adjustment or loose coupler problem. Worn motor mounts could also be an issue - causing relative movement of the lateral gate under conering G forces.

When downshifting from 5th, you should not have to apply any side force to the shifter. The springs will move the shifter into the center gate and avoid reverse. The reverse lockout available now is just extra protection for when you "forget" and push the shifter toward reverse.

But if you have given up on the shifter, send it back to me and I will refund your money.
JWest
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jan 28 2004, 12:11 PM)
what's the surface treatment on the aluminum sheath ? bare alloy ? clear coat ? anodise ?

there's still a steel rod, with a tubular aluminum overlay, am i reading that right ?

now if only the damned snow would go away !

It's a 3/8" steel core with a 1/8" wall (thick) aluminum tube over it. Bare polished aluminum.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(James Adams @ Jan 28 2004, 02:42 PM)
It's a 3/8" steel core with a 1/8" wall (thick) aluminum tube over it. Bare polished aluminum.

great stuff - i was wondering how you'd maintain stiffness on a round-section aluminum rod, the steel core is a great solution - not quite as light, but if i were -that- worried about weight i'd be working harder to pull 20 lbs out of the driver seat !

bare alloy it is - just like my MoMo knob. i'll keep some wax on it and we'll be good to go.
scotty
Good price on the reverse lockout, James. aktion035.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(James Adams @ Jan 28 2004, 03:25 PM)
I started to put the levers on the other side (for 901s) later last year in anticipation of the lockout. I have a database of which ones were delivered that way and will offer a voucher to allow ordering without the stick return charge.

James,
Congrats on your new products! beerchug.gif

Does your database show which one I need to order?
Blynes
James,

No one could ask for more than that.

Thanks

Bill Lynes
nein14
James

Do I have one of the later one , I want to send it back for the lock out.
JWest
I'll look you guys up tonight and shoot you an e-mail or PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.