Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone selling a 914/6 repro tool kit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
IPB Image

Anyone?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Porsche 914/6 models were finished at the Porsche Zuffenhausen factory. They were outfitted with the same tool kit as Porsche's only other model at the time, the 911, though the 914/6 kit also included an appropriate tow eye-hook.

1. Black basket-weave vinyl bag with light tan interior and silver cadmium-plated clasps

2. P208 generator pulley holder
3. Klein 19mm lug wrench with tapered end
4. "Chrom Vanadium” 19x22mm box wrench
5. Five "Drop-Forged-Steel Germany" open end wrenches:
8x9mm
10x11mm
12x13mm
14x15mm
17x19mm
6. Klein 10mm Allen wrench
7. Klein 21mm solid spark plug socket (works with Allen wrench)
8. 160mm combination pliers with cross-hatching on the outside of the handles+
9. Klein Phillips screwdriver with red plastic handle embossed “10000 VOLT W-GERMANY”
10. Klein elongated blade screwdriver with red plastic handle embossed “10000 VOLT W-GERMANY”
11. “Porsche 9.5 x 710 Phoenix X/XX DA” alternator belt

12. Tow eye-hook.

The tool kit information as printed in the Porsche 914/6 owner's manual is pictured at right-center.

NOTE: For the Concours crowd, Although Porsche documentation lists the Pudenz fuse pack as part of the tool kit, I believe it was delivered in the glove compartment. Therefore, I do not have it pictured with the tool kit, although I have a page describing/picturing it in this section.

+ Earlier Porsche 914/6 tool kits (pictured at top) were delivered equipped with unbranded combination pliers with a raised cutting edge. 1971-1972 model year cars came with "Hapewe" branded combo pliers with flush cutting surfaces (pictured at bottom right).
914Sixer
Mike,
I have a repro tool pouch made by Appbiz that is made with the correct material and snaps. Someone on the Samba sells 356 kits from time to time. They may have access to the tools need for the 911 kit. AA shows to have them in their cataloge for $650.

Some of the other places to look for tools for pouch is Zdmak (sp?)and Baum tools.
Joe Bob
Says he doesn't have them.....I have an email into AA....
IronHillRestorations
Autos International used to make a nice reproduction pouch. IRRC it's the late 356, early 911, and 914-6 are the same pouch with vehichle specific tools.
r_towle
You are now scaring me.

I guess it wass bound to happen to you too...I felt the urge to polish the heads of the cheese head screws before I put them on a 356 motor last week...I never figured it would ever happen to me...

Try the 356 toolkit guy...hes the man.
If not, I know a guy up here who is a tool kit fanatic..he probably knows where to get the pieces.

Rich
Joe Bob
Customers....go figure. $650 is what I'm seeing for a mix of original and reproduction.

Someone please kill me.....
mel reckling
Is this for real? Are people actually getting that kind of cash for them? That's kinda Antique's Roadshow type of crazy.

I got most of the kit, but have to start digging in the toolbox for the smaller open ends.

Joe Bob
Geeez, just got an answer back on an inquiry from an eBay seller.............

$2195.00....and NO, the decimal IS in the right place.... av-943.gif
Mikey914
For that kind of money the tools should be stamped PORSCHE, and you get a Hummer or two with it!!!!
PeeGreen 914
Shit. for that kind of money it better be delievered with a rather hot call girl for the next week. WTF.gif
70Sixter
Somebody has been advertising complete tool kits for several models. I just don't remember where I see it regularly. Sorry.

Maybe 986forum.com or RennTech?

I'm certain this vast knowledge settles the issue. You're welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.