Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Hood Won't Open
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Volksvolgen
I saved a '71 914 from the crusher this week, and dragged it home. I owned a 914 many years ago but have forgotten most of what I knew about them (the first one burned).

At any rate, I cannot get the front hood open on this gem. The T-handle moves freely but does not appear to be connected to anything. Is there a trick to unlatching the hood if the T-handle cable is broken?

Thanks in advance for your help. This promises to be the first of thousands of questions that I will have, as I attempt to resurrect this beast.
ericread
Do a search on this and I think you'll find the front hood can be opened once you remove the front bumper (yep, you heard me right).

Eric Read

markb
QUOTE(ericread @ Jul 20 2008, 03:53 PM) *

Do a search on this and I think you'll find the front hood can be opened once you remove the front bumper (yep, you heard me right).

Eric Read

agree.gif
&
welcome.png
r_towle
remove the front bumper.
There may be a rubber plug about 1/2 inch in appearance.
Its right in front of the hood release.
Take it out.
Use a screw driver to lever the hood release to the right as you look at it from the front.
What you are looking at in the hole is the cable attachment piece...so lever it towards the drivers side while pushing down on the hood.

Rich
SirAndy
agree.gif remove the front bumper (bolts are inside the fender wells) which will reveal an access hole behind the bumper.

use a screwdriver to pop the hood open ...
smash.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png
Volksvolgen
Thanks to all for your help. I'll get that front bumper off, pop the hood, and make sure nothing's living in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.