Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big thanks to bigmarks design and Morphenspectra
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I just wanted to publicly give special thanks to Morphenspectra (james) for doing an outstanding job covering my Ghetty dash in leather and of course, BigMark Deisgn for customizing a few of my gauges (added volt and water temp gauges and changed my v-8 tach to a non-silver bullet). I also took his advice and I wired a "fans on" lamp at the bottom of the tach to let me know when the fans come on.

If you need some custom upholstery or gauge work, these guys (Heidi too!) are top notch in my book. I wouldn't hesitate for a second recommending them.

Here is a link to my progress thread.

PS...Guess what I drove two feet today! av-943.gif av-943.gif
rhodyguy
your interior looks magnificent mark.
JRust
His interior does look sweet! I'm not sure the stock steering wheel does it for me with the Getty dash though idea.gif . Still I'd take it over mine dry.gif
markb
Have you got any close-ups of the gauges & dash? I'll be doing this soon.
morph
it is nice to see some of your work now and then
i am glad you liked it. smile.gif
james
computers4kids
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 20 2008, 09:35 PM) *

Have you got any close-ups of the gauges & dash? I'll be doing this soon.

Mark...you got a great deal on that Ghetty dash you just bought. A little upholstery repair and some guages and you're into it pretty cheap.

I learned alot putting mine in...if you need any help, please feel free to ask.
Here are some pics of the gauges. I chose to leave the gauges looking "stockish"...I wanted them to look like they were always there.
marks914
Glad to help and keep ou in your budget.
Your car is looking like a car again!

Mark
914werke
shades.gif Very Nice.
markb
I got my new Getty dash installed today. Whew, glad that's over! blink.gif Of course, I had to do a little upholstery work, which I haven't had much experience at. When I get a little $$ I'll get the gauges done right, but for now, it'll do the job.

Question: Is anyone with a Getty dash able to lock their glovebox? I can't even get the key in.

Oh yeah, I'll get pics up after I finish extending the wiring & get the lower dash pad back on.
roadster fan
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jul 21 2008, 09:01 AM) *

I chose to leave the gauges looking "stockish"...I wanted them to look like they were always there.

Where is the rust? av-943.gif

Jim
computers4kids
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Aug 14 2008, 03:18 AM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jul 21 2008, 09:01 AM) *

I chose to leave the gauges looking "stockish"...I wanted them to look like they were always there.

Where is the rust? av-943.gif

Jim

Excellent point...does anyone have some rusty gauge rings I can have? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.