Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Video. 1 Lap in a 2009 Corvette @ Nurburgring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NoEcm
Play the video:

http://jalopnik.com/398297/video-proof-of-...nurburgring-lap

byndbad914
car is such a monster - awesome and that driver is solid. I like just over 6 mins in when he gets a little hot and the rear steps out, he recovers and throws his hand up a little like "oops, oh well".

Watching that car chew up mph is crazy too.
6freak
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Jul 21 2008, 12:29 AM) *

car is such a monster - awesome and that driver is solid. I like just over 6 mins in when he gets a little hot and the rear steps out, he recovers and throws his hand up a little like "oops, oh well".

for 15 dollars a lap you to can put anything(your car bike or whatever) on the track and have at it...I vote we have the WCR there next year and quit pissen around with parking lot race`n laugh.gif ..... idea.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif ....... in that order
ConeDodger
That was nice but I liked the cat fight between Danika Patrick and Milka Duno better... biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 21 2008, 10:29 AM) *

That was nice but I liked the cat fight between Danika Patrick and Milka Duno better... biggrin.gif

Dammit i missed a cat fight ...any video prof
carr914
Milka should have thrown some punches. She got more momemtum with her TaTas as Danica has none.

T.C.
byndbad914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 21 2008, 06:58 AM) *

for 15 dollars a lap you to can put anything(your car bike or whatever) on the track and have at it...I vote we have the WCR there next year and quit pissen around with parking lot race`n laugh.gif ..... idea.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif ....... in that order

little bit of an issue with shipping costs on the race car I suspect hahahaha.

that said, on the NARP forum there is talk about the RRC and I posted this

I make no promises as my car is a make-sure-it's-running-2days-notice sorta thing, but there is an open track day at Miller on the 22nd and I really want to check that track out so it might work out to do the RRC and then hit the track before coming home.

and have seen no response to that so I suspect people ain't into the "real" racing thing.
6freak
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Jul 21 2008, 02:37 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 21 2008, 06:58 AM) *

little bit of an issue with shipping costs on the race car I suspect hahahaha.

that said, on the NARP forum there is talk about the RRC and I posted this

I make no promises as my car is a make-sure-it's-running-2days-notice sorta thing, but there is an open track day at Miller on the 22nd and I really want to check that track out so it might work out to do the RRC and then hit the track before coming home.

and have seen no response to that so I suspect people ain't into the "real" racing thing.

is it a PCA track day ..makeS me wanna do RRC even more ..will see if i can get more time off ,,,do`n Alaska 7-31-to 8-8 and another short trip on 8- 15-18 so we will see
byndbad914
nope, not PCA. It is an "open track day" which means you shows ups, signs some forms and hits the track with whatever car you have. You could run your tow vehicle I believe (haven't confirmed all their terms but I have ran a pickup on a track more than once).

On their website, the rules sound like most open track days I have been to which are very loose in the fact there are little to no rules or supervision, but it also means that guys with even bone stock cars and no race suits can run.
6freak
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Jul 21 2008, 04:31 PM) *

nope, not PCA. It is an "open track day" which means you shows ups, signs some forms and hits the track with whatever car you have. You could run your tow vehicle I believe (haven't confirmed all their terms but I have ran a pickup on a track more than once).

On their website, the rules sound like most open track days I have been to which are very loose in the fact there are little to no rules or supervision, but it also means that guys with even bone stock cars and no race suits can run.

Well if i do show up for the RRC i would trailer the six down so i just mite show but its not likely. I will be spending alot of vacation do`n family stuff.do you need to register for this event and is there a limited # of cars? no rule or supervision sound like a wreck wait`n to happen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.