Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914WORLD MEMBERS ARE THE BEST!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
hot_shoe914
Okay first of all sorry to all of you who thought you were going to get a real SIX but I really wanted this thread to be read by all. I just wanted to pass along an experience I had this weekend that turned out great thanks to 914 owner JFORT. I made a trip from Memphis, Tn. to Detroit, Mi to pick up a barefoot boat I recently purchased. On the return trip home I found myself with an electrical problem with the trailer lights which was also causing my truck lights to short out and left me with nothing but headlights and also I ran my boat lights as a safety precaution. (my apologies to the drunk fisherman who ran his truck off the road because he thought he was about to hit a boat in the middle of the lake) LOL Back to my point. I had offered to stop and pick up some wheels for Rusty than he had purchased from Jeff since I was passing through anyways. Thanks to the fact that I was conducting this bit of 914 business on my trip things turned out rather well. Thanks to the fact that Rusty called while I was still in Detroit and asked me to pick up the wheels he put me into contact with Jeff. Hats off to Jeff for taking the time to leave a family function and come to the rescue of my situation. This man deserves the best kudos possibly given as he took the time to bring his tools and knowledge to my rescue and spent the better part of 2 hours helping my friend and me get lights working on my trailer agian. Not an easy task considering we were in a very remote area at almost midnight. Without his help I would have been in a real bind. We actually almost had to rewire the trailer (and probably would have if we'd had the things needed to do so) using the old wire from the trailer and doing our best to rig up some lights. Unfortunately we were'nt able to have turn signals and such but at least had some really nice tail lights which made the rest of the 600 miles to travel a lot safer journey. I cannpt express my THANKS AND GRATTITUDE enough to Jeff for coming to our rescue and to Rusty for his help in putting me in touch with Jeff. It is truly a blessing to be a part of a family of 914 owners that are willing to go out of their way to help a fellow 914 owner in distress. Just this alone is worth owning a 914 even if it never ran a day in it's life. I am very proud to have met and become a friend to such a gracious man as Jeff and would like everyone in the 914 World community to know what a truly OUTSTANDING and FABULOUS man Jeff is. Also thanks to everyone on this board for making 914 ownwership such a privledge in life and if anyone is ever in need of my assistance I am there for you like a brother. Thanks again Jeff for your gracious and unselfish gift of your valuable time and knowledge that makes me proud to call you a friend. YOU ROCK JFORT!!!
sww914
Nice to hear, thanks for posting. It's good to hear about something nice happening, not another thread about somebody sending a NOS lugnut to the second guy that responded to the for sale ad instead of the first to respond.
Heeltoe914
From Hot-shoe914
Just this alone is worth owning a 914 even if it never ran a day in it's life.

That statement is classic in the content of that story. smile.gif
I am sure you would get just as much help if you needed it while working on your 914.

seanery
Jeff is a good guy! thumb3d.gif

I'm glad you got to meet him biggrin.gif
neo914-6
clap56.gif nice story
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.