Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Web Cam 163
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Todd Enlund
The search function doesn't like three-letter terms like "web" "cam" and "163" biggrin.gif

Anyone running a Web #163 grind? What do you think of it?

I actually have one that I got secondhand (unused), and am wondering if I should use it in a 2258 build, or get something else.
Jake Raby
The 163 is a good cam, but doesn't offer the benefits of split lift or duration, something the TIV has proved to LOVE for years..

I now only use a derivative of this cam for Turbo engines...

You need to make sure of the base corcle of the camshaft, else you may have cam lobes contacting the connecting rods on that 2258, since its a stroker engine requiring a reduced base circle camshaft.

Its all in the combo.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 21 2008, 12:20 PM) *

The 163 is a good cam, but doesn't offer the benefits of split lift or duration, something the TIV has proved to LOVE for years..

I now only use a derivative of this cam for Turbo engines...

You need to make sure of the base corcle of the camshaft, else you may have cam lobes contacting the connecting rods on that 2258, since its a stroker engine requiring a reduced base circle camshaft.

Its all in the combo.

Thanks Jake... if I don't end up using it, I will be talking to you about a cam... and regardless, I will be ordering a bunch of other parts.
Jake Raby
Is it new or used?? If its used, do you have the lifters it was ran with?
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 21 2008, 12:31 PM) *

Is it new or used?? If its used, do you have the lifters it was ran with?

It's new.
Jake Raby
Do you have lifters?
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 21 2008, 01:22 PM) *

Do you have lifters?

Not yet.
Todd Enlund
I talked to someone at Web yesterday, and they recommended 7.5-8:1 compression ratio on 91-92 octane pump gas. That seems awful conservative to me... and it would take a 75cc combustion chamber, or a .125 deck height, to get that low on a 96x78mm engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.