6. *****914/6******
7. 959/S
8. 996 turbo
9. Early 911S 2.2/2.4
10. Three way tie
996GT2
996 Carrera C4S
****914-4*******

Happy now with this level of recognition and respect?
Take it to the bank. dance.gif

-hawk
tracks914
Where do these stats come from?
I like it. aktion035.gif
Hawk
Excellence magazine, April 2004 issue. Methodology used was 10 Porsche experts picked 10 models of all times that they considered to be the best driver's cars. Participants were Alwin Springer (past president Porsche Motorsport North America), Jerry Seinfeld (some rich funny guy with way too much $$$), Walter Rohrl (world rally car champ and Porsche factory development driver), Josh Ofstein (enthusiast), Kerry Morse (racing expert), Karl Ludvigsen (author of Excellence Was Expected), Ian Kuah (foreign editor of Excellence), David Colman (feature editor), Bruce Anderson (technical editor and really no introduction necessary), Pete Stout (editor).
rick 918-S
That's what I'm talkin about smilie_pokal.gif They aint seen nothing yet! wait til they test drive my car! aktion035.gif

I can hear it now; lol2.gif This car makes lots of noise, and plows the corners like a John Deere! w00t.gif
Hawktel
Jeez, I expected the 914/6 to make the list down in the 9-10 range, but to have the 6 and 4 bangers to make the list, and to have them rate my 4 the same as a 996 GT2, or a 996c4/s is near mind boggling. smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif w00t.gif smoke.gif

I've never felt apologetic about my car. I've had more than 1 give me the NARP speach. I ussualy just smile and nod. Strangely enough its never the Porsche people who give me the speach. Some days though, some public praise does make you feel Damned good.

beerchug.gif

The same as a 996GT2 blink.gif
scottb
clap56.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif mueba.gif beer3.gif
mskala
Not to rain on our own parade, but seriously how many others could they
really have chosen. It sure looks like all the race cars are not allowed,
and the 924 and 928 probably appeal to a different type of driving crowd
than those guys. Name your ten favorite fingers
DNHunt
Had an interesting thing happen to me today. Pulled up next to guy in a silver C 4. I turned and gave him a wave. He gave me a big smile and a thumbs up. I wonder if he had read that article.

Dave
Hawk
You said-
-Not to rain on our own parade, but seriously how many others could theyreally have chosen. It sure looks like all the race cars are not allowed,
and the 924 and 928 probably appeal to a different type of driving crowd
than those guys. Name your ten favorite fingers.-

Actually, any p-car was game for this, even racers like RSK Spyder, 962C, 904 which were chosen by some of the panel. These cars didnt get enough votes to rank overall. Rankings were based on "subjective notions of feel and driver involvement not performance numbers."
redshift
Screw people who take part in polls.

They all said their car, or their fantasy car were best, wtfgas?

M
URY914
I guess non of those A-holes have driven my car w00t.gif

PAul
Hawktel
I don't think it was a crumb thrown our way at all.

You notice the front engined crowd was completely shut out.
redshift
911 drivers couldn't think of any other air cooled Porsches.

As far as that goes, the 2.7 944 is much better driving than a PlainOld 911.

M
tat2dphreak
I think it is great for our cars to get some of the recognition it deserves!

granted the only other porsches I've driven were front engine(944/924) but I've got to throw several other cars around... and the 914 is the most fun you can have in a car without a woman!

I don't think we were thrown a crumb either... many great classic porsches were left off the list... no 356s, no 912s, no 930... the fact 2 914s made the list over front engine porsches and these carsis not a coincidece... I don't think...

if they were just throwing us a bone out of loyalty they would have put "914" at #8ish and not distinguished between /6s and /4s...

kudos to Excellence!! clap56.gif boldblue.gif smilie_flagge6.gif
anthony
>>>1. Carrera GT

How many of those guys have actually driven one of these or even a 959?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.