Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ball Joint Socket - Can I borrow yours?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Pincetich
I've got my powder-coated A-arms and struts, new ball joints, and new ball joint nuts are waiting on my doorstep according to FedEx. YEAH!

I would really like to borrow the official ball-joint socket wrench to install the ball joints. I can even do this in your driveway, with the parts hauled in the back of my car to your place! beerchug.gif

I live in Emeryville and drive to Marin for work. If you have the socket in the East Bay or North Bay, I would love to come by tomorrow and use it! Anyone in in the greater SF Bay Area I would also welcome hearing from and I can plan to drive and meet you soon. Let me know what you need, if anything, in exchange beerchug.gif

I plan to get the entire front suspension put together then just lift it up there and bolt it on, hopefully by this Saturday. This moment is almost 2 yrs in the making, from when I bought a used front suspension from Jason waaaaaayyyyy back when.
MartyYeoman
Sorry Chris. I used a pipe wrench on mine.
You're welcome to use it though.
Marty
r_towle
LOL....Ditto

Rich
914Sixer
I can send you one from Texas. Let me know.
Dave_Darling
I have one... somewhere around here... I can try to find it this weekend.

--DD
Chris Pincetich
Alright Dave beerchug.gif
I think I will cover my new nuts with electrical tape then use the pipe wrench to get it mocked up and installed, followed by torque to spec with the socket....thanks to all that replied and to any more that can offer help!
I never thought my 914 would be on jack stands for 4 months straight but I always read how often this happens smile.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 23 2008, 09:00 AM) *

I have one... somewhere around here... I can try to find it this weekend.

--DD

Hey Dave,

I could use one at one point too. I have to get another left arm powdercoated first. I was going to borrow Fiid's but he can't find his...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.