Full Version: Tune Tip for 1.7 w/34ICT's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
justme
Sooooooo.....

I have a stock 1.7 with the following:

Dual Weber 34 ICT's
Stock HE's with Bursch exhaust
009 Dizzy with Pertronix

The motor is in good tune with recent valve adjustment and carbs are synced.
Fires right up and idle's well ( 800rpm). Pops a little reving-throught the exaust but seems to run pretty good. Pull's about as good as the D-jet when it was running good.
These are my first carbs ( I know, they should be anchors,right? ) so I figured they be easy to tune and learn on. I have a set of Dell 36's & Weber 40's that I'll mount on my 1911 when it's done.
In the interm:
What are you guy's running for jet's & where do you get them ( I don't even know what's in there? )?
What plug & gap would you use? I like NGK's
I have the stock FI dizzy as well as a Unilite ( have to modify the tin for the Mallory ) Would either of these be a big improvment ? Where would the performance be gained?
What timing setting would you run with this set-up?

The milage seems pretty good and power is ok for what it is, but for those out there that run these I'd love some suggestions.

Thanks,
Phil driving.gif
914Mike
QUOTE(justme @ Jul 22 2008, 07:42 PM) *

Sooooooo.....

Dual Weber 34 ICT's
009 Dizzy with Pertronix

What are you guy's running for jet's & where do you get them ( I don't even know what's in there? )?

The milage seems pretty good and power is ok for what it is, but for those out there that run these I'd love some suggestions.

Thanks,
Phil driving.gif

The 009 timing advance is pretty limited, I'm using the stock 1.8 dizzy, with vac adv connected to the ports on the 34ICT's, yes both of them with a tee.

I set to 27 degrees with vac disconnected at 3K RPM, that should work with the 009 as well. With the 009 the idle will be more advanced after setting it at max advance, so your idle may suffer.

I was able to get several size jets at Bugformance in San Jose, and used an Air/Fuel meter to set the mixture on my 2056, runs great! driving.gif
justme
QUOTE(Mike914 @ Jul 22 2008, 09:13 PM) *

QUOTE(justme @ Jul 22 2008, 07:42 PM) *

Sooooooo.....

Dual Weber 34 ICT's
009 Dizzy with Pertronix

Thanks,
Phil driving.gif

The 009 timing advance is pretty limited, I'm using the stock 1.8 dizzy, with vac adv connected to the ports on the 34ICT's, yes both of them with a tee.

I set to 27 degrees with vac disconnected at 3K RPM, that should work with the 009 as well. With the 009 the idle will be more advanced after setting it at max advance, so your idle may suffer.

I was able to get several size jets at Bugformance in San Jose, and used an Air/Fuel meter to set the mixture on my 2056, runs great! driving.gif

I do have the 205 w/triggers from when the car had FI, but I guess my best combo would be to move some sheetmetal & put the Unilite in.
Thanks! aktion035.gif
hi4head
Phil,

I'm running the ICTs on my '73 2.0 liter. (Yeah guys, I know that these really are too small, but at least it is running now.)

There are a lot of shops that sell jets for the ICT. I bought a set for mine at Weber Carbs Direct.
http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/Weber_Service_Parts_s/45.htm

This link shows the stock configuration for the carbs.
http://www.cbperformance.com/carbs.asp

With the stock 0.52 idle jet, my car basically wouldn't run (very hot with lots of 'pops'). I've increased the idle jet to a 0.60 and it smoothed right out. I've increased the main jet to a 0.135. I'm still playing around to figure out what combination is best for my car.

The jets should have a small stamped number on their side indicating the size. They are very easy to pull and replace, especially the idle jets.

I'm still running the stock fuel injection distributor.

Also, make certain that the guts of your carbs are clean. I couldn't believe the amount of crap that were in mine.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.