Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bothell WA sightings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
Happened to see two 914s in person today in my travels. The yellow one is sitting in downtown Bothell, and is for sale on Craigslist. (I think they want $5400.)

The old orange one has seen better days. I knocked on the guy's door just to see if where he was at with it (who knows, maybe he would sell cheap, right?). Turns out he bought it brand new in 1970. He said he will either restore it or be buried in it. laugh.gif
I told him to join here for the best resources - maybe he'll show up.

Click to view attachment
rjames
The old orange one has seen better days. I knocked on the guy's door just to see if where he was at with it (who knows, maybe he would sell cheap, right?). Turns out he bought it brand new in 1970. He said he will either restore it or be buried in it.

Looks like the orange one is already attempting to bury itself!
familienauto
I have seen that orange one sitting there dying. There's also a green one on the side of someone's house over by Helen Keller Elementary School.
orange914
QUOTE(familienauto @ Jul 23 2008, 04:48 PM) *

I have seen that orange one sitting there dying. There's also a green one on the side of someone's house over by Helen Keller Elementary School.

helen keller school??? i'm surprised it was visable smile.gif
TC 914-8
Old Teeners Never die.

I saw a white 73 in the Shoreline area on a car lot, hwy 99. When I called the lot the guy said it is the owners and it's not for sale.

Next time I'll stop in to talk to him in person.

Either drive it or sell it.

Tony
sixnotfour
I saw a white 73 in the Shoreline area on a car lot, hwy 99. When I called the lot the guy said it is the owners and it's not for sale.

The guy has owned it for a long time , If its the same one .
deals on wheels or something like that.
rhodyguy
on the red car you need to speak to the wife about getting it out of the driveway while the husband is elsewhere. it's a parts car. looks to have been in the same spot for quite sometime. no tarp...you know the hellhole, trunks, and floors have to be swell. it'll require a large excavator to dig the hole for that casket.

k
TC 914-8
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 24 2008, 12:46 AM) *

Yep, That's the place.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 24 2008, 12:46 AM) *

Yup, over a decade at least he's owned it and it's been there. Asked him a couple times about it 7-8 years ago. Said he doesn't want to sell, loves the car. Draws people in asking about it.
rjames
He's getting closer to selling it. I talked to him a month ago after someone had broken into it and pulled all the wiring down under the gages. I gave him the wiring diagrams so he could fix it. He told me he would be selling it after he put it back together because he was getting tired of having it in the lot. It has a little body damage, and probably has rust issues since only half of the car is under cover. Pretty sure it's still FI. Rivieras on one side and steelies on the other.

Someone should really go look at the 2 cars for $2k on craigs list that I saw on there today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.