Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are all consoles the same?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Are all 914 Center Consoles the same from year to year? I have a 76 that had the appearance group and center console....and i have a spare console but not sure what year it is out of.... confused24.gif

I need to replace the one that is in the 76 hoping that they are all the same.....if they are different....whats different about them? confused24.gif

Thanks...

Steve
kerensky
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Jul 23 2008, 03:13 PM) *

Are all 914 Center Consoles the same from year to year? I have a 76 that had the appearance group and center console....and i have a spare console but not sure what year it is out of.... confused24.gif

I'm relatively certain that all consoles are the same. The only exception is the shorter consoles used in cars with dealer-added air conditioning systems, but I'm not sure whether the console was part of the kit, or was simply a stock console modified to fit.
Joe Bob
2 as mentioned...short ones for A/C and more than a few aftermarket ones....Aamco or something like that made a really cheesy plastic one.

Of course someone will come on say that they are worth a mint like the crappy Saratoga tops....
tod914
75 76 has a different look to the vinal than the 73-74 years. You'll take notice to it by the gauge holder. It has a puffier look to it. Not to say they all do, but on the few original cars I noticed that. I would not worry about it though. Note the creases around the gauges. The car it's on is a restored 74 with a NOS console.

Click to view attachment
lotus_65
amco's not cheesy in my book!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
carr914
A 914-6 center is totally different

T.C.
sportlicherFahrer
Is the "spare" one the one from Dagmar? It needs a little work to stay together, but its in decent shape.....

quadracerx
No Jimmy....its not the one from Dagmar....keeping that for the V8 Car....

Steve

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jul 23 2008, 08:35 PM) *

Is the "spare" one the one from Dagmar? It needs a little work to stay together, but its in decent shape.....

sportlicherFahrer
Ahhh...I almost forgot about that car! lol. Get yours back yet? Need any help with it?

OOPS.. hijacked.gif

Give me a ring soon
kerensky
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 23 2008, 05:31 PM) *
A 914-6 center is totally different
True, but it's more of a big storage box than an actual console. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.