Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timing: Distributor adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kpfoten
Hello,

My 914 runs pretty well, but I want to double-check the timing. I'm not sure which dizzy bolt to loosen or if I'm even in the right spot. Not to mention that I think my timing marks are non-existent... (see Pelican articles?) It's a 1.7. Thanks!

Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
The 10mm wrench size nut on the left. The other one is a hold down and provides no adjustment.

BEFORE you loosen anything, find the timing marks! You can't check the timing without them .............

Since you haven't told us what year your car is, or what engine you have, or whether you have carbs or FI, it's gonna be REALLY hard to give you any sort of guidance, other than the most useless kind of wasted bandwidth.

The Cap'n
kpfoten
Right on. I keep meaning to put all that crap in a signature, so everyone knows what I've got--'73 1.7 w/carb. Haven't picked up on markings yet, but haven't tried that hard...

Kris

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 23 2008, 06:04 PM) *

The 10mm wrench size nut on the left. The other one is a hold down and provides no adjustment.

BEFORE you loosen anything, find the timing marks! You can't check the timing without them .............

Since you haven't told us what year your car is, or what engine you have, or whether you have carbs or FI, it's gonna be REALLY hard to give you any sort of guidance, other than the most useless kind of wasted bandwidth.

The Cap'n

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.