Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Friend Driving From LA to St Louis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
My wife's best friend and the God-mother of my daughter is driving from LA to St Louis tomorrow. She has a new-ish jeep Grand Cherokee. I have never asked this board for anything like this before, but if you all could send me a private message if you are somewhere along her route (LA, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and then Missouri) just in case she runs into trouble, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am hoping that this is not needed. But thanks!

- Joe
73 1.7 Signal Orange
Joseph Mills
KaptKaos,

My email was booted back because your mailbox is full. Email me with a different email address and I'll send you my info.
KaptKaos
Joseph,

You can send me a private message here on 914world.com.

I'll clean that mailbox too.

Thanks for your help!

- JOe
seanery
Joe, how are they going US40 or I70? I would recomend 40 this time of year.
Gint
Based on the route, it sounds like I40. 70 should be clear - this week. I'm doing 70/15 tomorrow when I leave.
mikester
Joe, I'm in LA. w00t.gif

I hate sending mail to you - that box is always full... bootyshake.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jan 29 2004, 03:16 AM)
You can send me a private message here on 914world.com.
I'll clean that mailbox too. Thanks for your help!
- JOe

Your mailbox has "exceeded it's quota" and my email was returned again.

What the hell. I'm in Oklahoma City (which she will drive right thru). My mobil is 405-615-9000. She will reach either myself, or my wife Rea (she pronounces it Ray). Tell your friend to call if she needs anything.

I guess anybody else can call too. confused24.gif laugh.gif
KaptKaos
Thank you eveyone for your support - Except you Mikster laugh.gif

A bit of a snafu this morning. Since our friend is moving, she decided to close out her bank account in Los Angeles and take her money in travelers checks, rather than carry cash or use an ATM card. She went to get gas as she was leaving and the gas station didn't take travelers checks!! She had to wait for the bank to open to cash out some of her travelers checks to pay for gas. laugh.gif I wish she would of asked me about that one.

Thanks all for your support. I will clean up that mailbox today so you all can send me e-mail too.

Thanks again!

- Joe
mikester
Yeah, Traveler's checks have pissed me off before.

When we went to Europe recently we took a fwe bucks in traveler's checks and we actually had a hard time using them. It was rather a pain in the ass.

I'm a bit off em I think.

w00t.gif

Man, try to help a guy out...
KaptKaos
She made it safe and sound. She was touched by all of the poeple that responded. It made me proud to be a member of this board.

Thanks again for your support everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.