Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My 911 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
I started about two weeks ago, and didn't have my camera to take any before shots, but I dropped the motor to do some seal replacement, and go all FERG.gif on the chassis.

To Do list:

1. new oil pressure sender
2. new oil temp switch (leaking)
3. Many new gaskets and seals in the hard to get to places.
4. Remove and clean engine oil cooler
5. Remove entire Air injection system cap heads
6. Install new SSI's
7. Install new 2in 1out muffler (to be modified to rally style in the future)
8. Check headstuds unsure.gif
9. Drain/fill trans
10.New Soundpad
11.Oil cooler seals
12. Throttle linkage bushings
13. valve adjust
14 all the other "while I'm in there stuff"
15. Brake calipers to Eric
16. Sell the car.

Some pics...

Click to view attachment

My Assistant wondering why the Plug connector is dirty laugh.gif
Click to view attachment

Trans was a B(*&^ to clean but looks good now...
Click to view attachment
Ferg
Here are some good shots showing the Chassis and how they were painted, or lack of in some places. This was a CA car and never had any dealer undercoat... piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Another

Click to view attachment

Bottom of engine bay, drivers side...

Click to view attachment

I've got about 15 hours into scrubbing the chassis alone... It's been a lot of work, but I'm super pleased on how it's turning out.

Ferg smile.gif
Ferg
Also, here is what I hope to put in this winter... it's a 3.0 to 3.2 conversion done by Andial in CA, 46mm webers, S cams and some trick head and intake work. Supposedly good for about 270hp aktion035.gif

I've resisted putting it in now, due to time and lack of $$ to properly sort the carbs and go through the motor, it's been sitting for about 6 years...

Joe Bob
Gonna do any mods besides the exhaust?
Root_Werks
Looks clean!
Ferg
QUOTE(mikez @ Jul 24 2008, 09:12 AM) *

Gonna do any mods besides the exhaust?

Nothing right now, and nothing I can't easily change back to stock... The car is way to original (besides the bumpers and cooler) to mess with.

Next year, I hope to restore the all leather dash and interior...

Ferg
Eric_Shea
It almost looks as though those areas were literally sand blasted by the process of driving it... no?

What did you use (besides elbow grease) to clean it?
Ferg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 24 2008, 09:36 AM) *

It almost looks as though those areas were literally sand blasted by the process of driving it... no?

What did you use (besides elbow grease) to clean it?

It looks real similar to some of the other chassis's that I've seen. I'm 100 percent certain that the overspray is factory and not from the cars second paint job. The non painted sections are a almost silvery white color. Everything indicates that nothing was painted from the bottom up, and only the vertical or semi vertical surfaces got paint. I see nothing that suggests that any road driving did any sand blasting, although I do have some stubborn white road line paint in a wheel well.

I used a diluted mix of oil eater (good stuff) and Dawn (pink grapefruit flavor biggrin.gif ) and a assortment of different plastic brushes to scrub.

Ferg
Ferg
Here is another shot of the pan, before i was doen, Gives a better view of the silvery white factory coat, along with the tar/sealer around the plugs and firewall outlets.

Cosmoline is still visible as well, and is on my rear arms and under my rear seat buckets

Ferg
zymurgist
Whoa... nice and clean! pray.gif

I wonder if I took any pictures of Babydoll's transmission while it was out... we spent some time cleaning it up nice and purty too.
Eric_Shea
Interesting "To-Do" list.
Ferg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 24 2008, 03:44 PM) *

Most of it's done, what am I missing? Or what should I add... I should have it ready to go back in by the end of the weekend, want to inpsect the clutch, even though it was done about 1k ago... I feel like I need to see for myself that rear main is not leaking ect...

Also got trans seals to put in. Trying to do everthing that can't be done with the motor in the car.

I should also note that the car has had a very recent top end, uses no oil, and no smoke on startup ect.

Ferg

Ferg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 24 2008, 03:44 PM) *

Just reread my list av-943.gif laugh.gif You Bastard!

beerchug.gif

seanery
that's a nice car ferg! drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.