Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Who's famililar with Sonoma?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
Hey all,

I'm going to be heading down to NorCal this weekend to deliver a car to a friend in the bay area. Having never been to/through Sonoma, we've agreed that that seems like a nice place to stop for dinner. Can anyone recommend a good spot? Would like something unique (read "non chain"), delicious, and fairly casual. Something featuring local flavors and ingredients would be ideal. It's kind of a special occasion too cheer.gif so I'm not too worried about price.

Thanks in advance

Reid
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jul 24 2008, 12:35 PM) *

Who's famililar with Sonoma?

PM McMark, he lives in Napa ...
shades.gif Andy
Elliot Cannon
Try the "Girl and the Fig". 110 West Spain St. North west corner of Sonoma Square. Excellent food. Try the Pomme frits. (Fries)

Cheers, Elliot
MrKona
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 24 2008, 05:05 PM) *

Try the "Girl and the Fig". 110 West Spain St. North west corner of Sonoma Square. Excellent food. Try the Pomme frits. (Fries)

Cheers, Elliot

agree.gif

Nice place, right on Sonoma Square, California "foo foo" cuisine, California casual
ConeDodger
How long are you going to be in town? I have a set of 4 lug Fuchs that needs a ride toward Seattle...
McMark
Girl and the Fig is AWESOME! But if you're looking for something cheaper and less formal, try to find Murphy's Irish Pub. It's just off the square in a bit of an alley, but it's got lots of good food (traditional Irish) and lots of good beer.

Oh, and Sonoma is about 10 minutes from me. If you want, call me at the phone number on my website.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 24 2008, 03:44 PM) *

PM McMark, he lives in Napa ...
shades.gif Andy

Now that's just synchronicity in action. Was hoping to hook up with Mark on this trip. Thanks Andy.

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 24 2008, 04:05 PM) *

Try the "Girl and the Fig".

You're the second person to recommend that. And I've only heard from two people. biggrin.gif Sounds like a winner.

QUOTE(MrKona @ Jul 24 2008, 04:28 PM) *

agree.gif

Nice place, right on Sonoma Square, California "foo foo" cuisine, California casual

Make that 3...thanks

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 24 2008, 05:11 PM) *

How long are you going to be in town? I have a set of 4 lug Fuchs that needs a ride toward Seattle...

Driving in Saturday afternoon, leaving Sunday morning. Honestly though, I don't think I will have room. Going to have a passenger and camping stuff with me, as well as a ton of spare parts. Sorry, would have liked to help you out Rob.

QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 24 2008, 05:43 PM) *

Girl and the Fig is AWESOME! But if you're looking for something cheaper and less formal, try to find Murphy's Irish Pub. It's just off the square in a bit of an alley, but it's got lots of good food (traditional Irish) and lots of good beer.

Oh, and Sonoma is about 10 minutes from me. If you want, call me at the phone number on my website.

Girl and the Fig sounds great, but I love Irish pubs so maybe we'll try to get over there too. I will give you a call Mark, I don't know if it's going to work but I'd like to try to bring the car by.

Thanks all!

Reid driving.gif
Krieger
Hey I just came from a nice lunch there at the Depot Hotel Restaurant, 241 First St. Very nice. $220 for 5 people two bottles of wine. The Swiss Hotel/Rest is good and on the N side of the square. Deuce, south of the Square. Dela Santini on the E side of the square. All good. Girl and the Fig is okay. Murphys is good and there is a Tai place across the alley way-don't know how that is. Or go to Sonoma Market on West Napa St and get a pannini sandwhich and go sit in the square. Enjoy it's very nice.
jgara962
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Jul 25 2008, 05:23 PM) *

Hey I just came from a nice lunch there at the Depot Hotel Restaurant, 241 First St. Very nice. $220 for 5 people two bottles of wine.

agree.gif The Depot has great food.
ConeDodger
I have never had a disapointment at any place on Sonoma Square. The cool thing though is finding the little dive in the alley... A couple of really nice places just off the street...

Don't worry about the shipping help. We will get it up there somehow. His check hasn't arrived anyway!!! biggrin.gif
Lavanaut
Just got back from the trip. Due to circumstances we ended up at the Rutherford Grill in...Rutherford. It was quite good and wow, absolutely packed at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday. I got the feeling it's probably always that way.

My wife was very disappointed that she didn't get to go down Napa/Sonoma with me, so we're planning another trip. I'll save your guys' suggestions for when we make it back down there. smile.gif

Thanks again all!
McMark
Mmmmmm..... Rutherford Grill........ chowtime.gif drooley.gif
Eric_Shea
Looking for a good dinner spot

Like you have any money left over anyway! w00t.gif
Lavanaut
You said a mouthful there Eric, you shoulda seen the waiter's face when I asked if they had any ramen on special. blink.gif
Jeffs9146
Rutherford Grill

I was going to say that one but it tends to be packum in pushum out most weekends and it isn't in Sonoma!

Food is OK and they are good if it is not busy!

I want to try The Girl and the Fig though!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.