Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear radiator / deck lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
Interesting Ebay ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-914...bayphotohosting

huh.gif
computers4kids
Yeah...he's been trying to sell that for at least 6 months. Will it work, I have no clue.
orange914
i sure like the idea if it cools. whats not to like about dumping all the heat in back of you espesially on a non a/c car. even if it was set up as an itercooler for engine cooling or intake. stirthepot.gif

but $1k... smoke.gif

mike
TROJANMAN
I like the gratuitous pic of his wienie laugh.gif
byndbad914
I wouldn't even try it if you gave it to me - you would waste money plumbing it

First of all, exactly what air flow is he expecting to capture with that POS? Everyone racing a 914 for real (not re-living memories that never happened in retirement) knows that there is not even enough air there to make a spoiler useful unless you cut the windshield off and run no rear window. I had a 6" spoiler on my car and it looked great. That is all I can say about it.

Secondly, you gonna have the fans hanging out of the rear? And don't bother with checking the cfm flow on a 6" or 7" fan - there is none. Then there is the screwed up air immediately behind the car to deal with while it is moving. Lastly, just looking at the pics I doubt that radiator is very efficient.

And I dunno what 914 he had but my radiator doesn't sit anywhere near my front legs, let alone over them. With my stock tub I tucked the rad between the headlights like everyone else, ran the lines under the car like everyone else and the engine is where the engine is... like everyone else. So unless you do something wrong you won't affect cockpit temps with that setup, they are what they are.
monkeyboy
And to think... I didn't want it just cause it's ugly. smile.gif
ruddyboys
He took the time and effort to make this and finishes the radiator with duct tape.
brant
Moving weight into the rear trunk (not to mention UP) is the opposite of what should be done for handling...

real race cars move all of the weight forward to improve handling.

brant
TC 914-8
Ditto, I agree with the above replies.

I must say " In the Hay Day" BBR did come up with some trick stuff. The Montery Kit WAS one of the best conversions for the 914 ever made.
I'll stick with my rad. in front, helping to balance the V-8 weight ratio. If this was going to be a Salt flats car, I guess he didn't have it wind tunnel tested, I do remember a thing or two from physics, coeficient of drag? or something like that.

It would be nice to have half the crap he has stored away that was never sold.

happy11.gif

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.