Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPS Tracker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
See:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/50569.do?code=EMRBM

Anyone tried this product ? I like the size.
Dr. Roger
Activation fee of $29.99 and monthly monitoring fee of $14.99 to $25.99

It is an option and an option filled one at that.
Gint
But does it come with a set of those swell driving gloves? icon8.gif
McMark
That's a great addition! Nice find.
Eric_Shea
Can't a cell phone do the same thing?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 25 2008, 11:36 AM) *

Can't a cell phone do the same thing?

theoretically yes, but when was the last time you tracked your cellphone location in real time on the web?
shades.gif Andy
Joe Bob
If the CHP can't track a cell call in CA when you call 911 what makes you think it CAN be done at all?

But you COULD try this.....
online cell tracking service
Eric_Shea
I haven't as I usually know where I am but, as the gals get a little older (say, driving age) I would think about having that feature. Disney is to offer it soon.

My point is; a cell phone and a plan may be cheaper than the $400 stand alone unit and a plan.

Maybe it's the CSOB in me but... me thinks these types of things should be "free" and a 2-3 year plan. Full featured phones are... why not this?
turboman808
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 25 2008, 12:54 PM) *

I haven't as I usually know where I am but, as the gals get a little older (say, driving age) I would think about having that feature. Disney is to offer it soon.

My point is; a cell phone and a plan may be cheaper than the $400 stand alone unit and a plan.

Maybe it's the CSOB in me but... me thinks these types of things should be "free" and a 2-3 year plan. Full featured phones are... why not this?

This stuff has been around for years. They had wrist watches for kids that sent there location to your cell phone 6 years ago.

There is also no reason you can't track any cellphone right now. The phones already broadcast your position.

My friend with a exotic car rental buisness has these in all the cars. It sends messages to his cellphone when you excede the speed limit. They let it go but if they start getting alerts that you are doing 150 for 20 minutes they may have a problem. Also keeps track of emplyees who they don't want speeding at all.
Zundfolge
Apparently these things are becoming all the rage with stalkers and uber-controlling boyfriends tongue.gif

I guess one of these would be in order

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.