Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor Trend loves 914s (proof)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JmuRiz
While looking through the latest Motor Trend magazine for March, I came across a section where they did some drawings and specs of cars THEY would like to see put into production. One of those cars was a....914.

Granted they wanted it to have a turbo Subaru (-like) turbo motor w/ some 300hp, low, compact, targa-topped handler. Maybe even awd and a price around $30k. (sorry no scanner for their drawing)

Sounds good to me! clap56.gif

BTW they also want a new "350 Dino Ferrari" I think that'd be very cool also.
zehrschnell914
That would be fun to see.
Scott S
Not to steal your thread - but our little cars were also listed at number 5 or 6 (for the 914-6) and tied for number 10 (914-4) for the all time porsche road car wish lists in excellence this month. They had a panel of those they thought were "in the know". I must admit, I was pretty shocked at our cars being included with some pretty high end company (the new Carrera GT, 3.8 turbos, C4's....)
Flash
The 914 was Motor Trend's first import Car of the Year back in 1970.
zehrschnell914
It's Import Car of the Year every year in my garage! smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
Hey Flash, can you scan the cover for us? Like orange 914's? Like Math?
Scott Carlberg
We should invite (and buy his dinner) David Colman, (feature editor) to our club
events.
His top three picks in their "Top Ten Driver's Porsche" contest were 914s.

1) 914-6 - 1970
2) 914-2.0 - 1973
3) 916 2.4 - 1972
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.