Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bra Fitment questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racer
biggrin.gif

Ok.. The previous owner of my '76 left me a bra for the car. I was putting it on the other day and it seemed simple enough. 4 "clips" that wrap around the fender lip and a velcro strip below the license plate.

Then I got to looking at the "underside" along the trunk lid. Next to the 2 headlight area, on the underside, are two small angled webbed pieces and a I have no idea why?

Are they to be linked together somehow to add further tension? Do they somehow attached to the front trunk lid itself?

I know pics would help, but I am at work and car and bra are at home...

Thanks!
Elliot Cannon
The bra was first used to protect factory new paint during a test run right after the car came off the assembly line. I don't think it was meant to be on the car for any length of time. Everyone thought they were pretty cool though and started using them all the time. The problem is, if they don't fit absolutely snug, and they get a little dirt underneath, they will scratch the paint and in one case I know of sand it down to the metal in a few small areas. Give the bra to someone you don't like too much. av-943.gif

Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.