Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: side markers lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
They are the same so why are they marked L & R?

- Garold
Joe Bob
They are angled differerently......
zehrschnell914
I can't stand either on of them. I understand the safety aspect, but they ruin the lines of one cool looking car! mad.gif
markb
QUOTE(zehrschnell914 @ Jan 29 2004, 09:08 AM)
I can't stand either on of them. I understand the safety aspect, but they ruin the lines of one cool looking car! mad.gif

agree.gif
GaroldShaffer
agree.gif also. I was just looking on ebay and
there is some offering the side marker lense. It
stated that they are the same for both sides but
in the pic I could see the letter L (driver side).
I don't have my car here to look at it but I didn't
think they were the same for both sides.

- Garold
zehrschnell914
Mine will be gone when I can afford to get my skateboard repainted.
Joe Bob
I have a couple of sets sitting a drawer....want them?
GaroldShaffer
Nope, just killing time while eating lunch here at work. Thanks for the offer. beer.gif
garyh
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jan 29 2004, 08:54 AM)
They are the same so why are they marked L & R?

- Garold

They are NOT the same.

If someone has advertised them as such, they are wrong. (And I would think about that if I were to bid on them.)
72914S
yup they`re not the same. What I did was to put the original ones in the spare parts box,and mount these.
JmuRiz
Those mopar lights look good, but how did you fill the mounting holes for the orig lights? Did you have the whole fender repainted and filled? Thanks, if there is a quick/easy way to do what you did w/o having to repaint etc, that'd be great!
StratPlayer
I have a set of those Mopar lights that I'm going to install as soon as is warms up some here. They fill in the large hole from the existing light perfect, the only holes that have to be filled are the screw holes from the orginal light.

IMHO the side markers lights that are on the car now look like lights that should be on a boat trailer or a semi.... ugly as can be. They will be gone soon.

These are the lights I'm going with without the blues lens, going to put the orginal amber lens back in there. Just have to decide if I want to leave them black or paint the housing the same color as the car.

BTW: I have four of these lights only going to use two,,, anyone interested in the other set give me a shout. Comes with the amber lens as well as the blue......
seanery
Hey Strat,
what are they sourced from?
StratPlayer
There from a 68 mopar,,, this set was powdered coated black.
72914S
Thats it `68 mopar and you only have to fill the two small holes. I left mine chrome. just hook up the hot wire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.