Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blank Brake Rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
Does anyone know where i could find a set of blank brake rotors for my 914? I don't want to have to use wheel adapters anymore and would drill the rotors to fit the rims that i have. Or is there any way that i could drill a set of rotors that are already drilled for 4 lugs? Basically the rotor would have 9 holes in it, since the rims i have are 5 lug, but a chevy bolt pattern? Would this make the rotor extremely weak and would i be better off just keeping the wheel adapters? thanks everybody
Wilhelm
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jul 25 2008, 10:28 PM) *

Does anyone know where i could find a set of blank brake rotors for my 914? I don't want to have to use wheel adapters anymore and would drill the rotors to fit the rims that i have. Or is there any way that i could drill a set of rotors that are already drilled for 4 lugs? Basically the rotor would have 9 holes in it, since the rims i have are 5 lug, but a chevy bolt pattern? Would this make the rotor extremely weak and would i be better off just keeping the wheel adapters? thanks everybody

I've not seen blank rotors but have seen VW rotors redrilled for a chey pattern by plugging one of the holes with a stud held by threadlocker and then using this spot for hole #1. When redrilled for chev pattern, the stud will be partially drilled out to its inside edge and then a shouldered stud will be pressed from the inside out helping to hold the partially drilled stud in place. I suppose you could also weld the stud in for more security. With the exception of this one stud, the rotor should be no weaker than when redrilling for a 5 bolt porsche pattern.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.