Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm really enjoying my AX season this year
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
GaroldShaffer
While the conversion of the old FP SCCA 914 to a /6 is taking a while I have been enjoying the few AX events I have attened this year in my slighty modified 70 914. I have been runnig it in XP class when actually its a DSP class car. I ran last sunday and actually did pretty good. Only 41 cars, but I was 13th. All the prep I do to my car is make sure oil level is good, 1/2 tank of gas, adjust konis to full firm rear & 1/2 firm up front, and check tire pressure in the morning.

After 4 years of AXing I am finally getting the hang of it biggrin.gif My next event is 8/3 down in FT Wayne Indiana. I might try and take this one a little more seriously and keep better track of tire pressures and such. I mainly just do this for bragging rights. My buddy has 06 WRX STI and I love beating him by 1 sec or more. He just doesn't understand how my little 95HP 1970 914 can beat his AWD STI every time. I love it! happy11.gif He is #23 on the attached list.
Chris Pincetich
Sweet beerchug.gif
My AX 914 is up on the rack. I'm searching for alignment threads to get the wheels straight once I complete the entire suspension re-do. I may finish in time for Aug 2 AX, but not racin this year and just wrenchin is killin me!
Those new AX wheels I got will slip over new studs in the hubs, and roll on used Hoosiers I got for $300 a set. I can't wait!!!!
Last year I went to my first SCCA and 12-14th AX race and they threw my in gutted 914 in ASP, which had modified cars (Cobra etc) only because my request for XP would have made me the only car in XP that day. I think I beat 90% of the Hondas and 80% of the Subarus that day.
Joe Ricard
WOrd

Must be a good year for 914's
I finished 2nd over-all last week in a big fish pond. Things are starting to click a bit better in my head and reading courses.
GaroldShaffer
Yep, I guess that is the same for me. Big test will be this weekend in Ft Wayne. Last season seemed to much like work, this season its all about having fun.
WRX914
The guy in the 125 shifter must not be much of a shoe...

Only beat the suspended cars by 2 sec???

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.