Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Brake question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
monkeyboy
I just ordered a new set of calipers and rotors for my 72. I went to install today, and the pad springs off the old calipers are too wide. I can see that the old calipers have a wider opening on the top.

Did I get the wrong calipers, or do I just need to order new springs?

Everything else seems to be fine, but I haven't mounted the rotor, or bolted them in yet.

Thanks for the help.

Looking closer, my old calipers have two bleeders and my new ones only have one.

I take it they are the wrong ones?
Eric_Shea
Wrong ones...

Your year is the crossover year. I'll get started on a set of late model calipers for you.

Put those back in the box and I'll include a shipping label in the box with the new ones.
monkeyboy
Thanks. You are a good man.

I guess I better ask, are the rotors the same?

How about the rear calipers and rotors?

Again, thanks.
Eric_Shea
Rotors are not the same. I have those in stock as well.

Rears are interchangable. No problem there.
monkeyboy
OK. I will prep the fronts to be shipped back tomorrow. Thanks again.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 26 2008, 03:22 PM) *

Put those back in the box and I'll include a shipping label in the box with the new ones.

smilie_pokal.gif
orange914

Wrong ones...

Your year is the crossover year. I'll get started on a set of late model calipers for you.

were the calipers switched part way thru 72 or is the switch related to the 72-73 front hub machined fit issue?

i have a early 73 with alot of carry over 72 features, i wonder if i have early calipers...

mike
Eric_Shea
i have a early 73 with alot of carry over 72 features, i wonder if i have early calipers...

I seriously doubt it as he has a 72 with late calipers.
Rav914

...I'll get started on a set of late model calipers for you.

That's why I like doing business with Eric.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.