Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Family Reunion Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Some pics of the event. Al Weidman (Harvey's brother, also a wheel expert) had lots to share about wheel refinishing as well as general Porsche history, since he was working at a Porsche dealer during the 914 years. Cool stuff. Hanging out with Al, Rob, Michael, Chiili, Jim, and Paul.

The oddest thing... all four 914s had rear reflector plates... blink.gif
ConeDodger
See y'all next month!!! Great shots Mark!
johannes
Nice pictures ! ... Thank you for sharing ! ...
porschecb
Thanks for the pics! Nice day! Nice people!
ConeDodger
Just to clarify some of the history, Al Weidman owned what is now Al Reed. Then, when Al and Harvey left the So Cal area for Oroville, He sold the wheel restoration shop to Al Reed and he and Harvey started Weidman Wheels in Oroville. Later, Al started his own independent shop doing restoration on any wheel while Harvey concentrated on Porsche wheels. Al has retired since then...

Chili, our own Chili is the current President of the Sacramento Valley Region of the PCA. He is an original owner of his 914 though for this event he drove his Boxster. He is an all round car guy who also owns a 50s Ford PU...
jgara962
drooley.gif
Those wheel pictures make me want to get mine refinished.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Jul 28 2008, 08:13 AM) *

drooley.gif
Those wheel pictures make me want to get mine refinished.

They are beautiful aren't they... That is a 16X7 RSR finish that will go on my car after next winters flaring and paint. Al's brother Harvey made 2 16X8.5 rears for me out of 4 16X6 wheels.
retrofit
beer.gif Good to see more 914's were there this time.
Once we get some temps in the 80's I will make the trek up in my '74 rather than the dually.
Mark, which one is you? Met most of the others last month.
Allen
McMark
The young one... happy11.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 28 2008, 12:21 PM) *

Why I oughta.... slap.gif
Chris Pincetich
Mark is the guy that looks like a VW mechanic tongue.gif
porschecb
I think the average age for this event was like 61 sad.gif blink.gif shades.gif poke.gif
Gint
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 28 2008, 05:32 PM) *
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 28 2008, 12:21 PM) *

Why I oughta.... slap.gif

av-943.gif
jgara962
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 28 2008, 01:21 PM) *

Substitute "young" for "hairy" and that's Mark biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.